Topic: FAq / User Guide for forum newbies

Many of the forum users that i have are very, very non-techie. So, I'm thinking of writing a user guide, explaining things like: the registration process, how to create and edit a post, how to change some siplay setings, upload an avatar, how to subscribe to posts and why you'd want to, what RSS is and how to use it...... I could go on, but you get the idea.

I just wondered if anyone else had done this? If so can I have a look?

If no-one has, I will post here when mine is complete.

Cheers,

Marv

2 (edited by pogenwurst 2006-01-22 15:05)

Re: FAq / User Guide for forum newbies

I haven't done a full guide, but I do have a thread on my forums to help people with registration issues:

pogenwurst wrote:

There are two things to keep in mind when you're registering:
- Make sure you enter the image verification properly.
- When you register, make sure that your email address is correct. Why? After you register, the password you need to log in will be emailed to you. You can't log in without it. Also, please note that you might need to wait a few minutes before your email arrives.
How to change your password:
- Click the "Profile" link near the top of the page.
- You should be in the "Essentials" category.
- See the textbox that displays your username? There's a link under it to change your password.

Please note that I have email verification enabled and I have the image verification mod.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.