Re: Private Messaging for 1.2.x

sham wrote:

Thanks for this great mod... I'm succesfully run this mod (1.2.1) on phunbb v.1.2.6, every thing is working fine except when I switch to sent, there's no message on it even i send a message..

Please help me resolve this...

Same here.. works fine on 1.2.6 except that the sent messages are not saved (shown) in the Sent folder.

af3 wrote:
sham wrote:

Thanks for this great mod... I'm succesfully run this mod (1.2.1) on phunbb v.1.2.6, every thing is working fine except when I switch to sent, there's no message on it even i send a message..

Please help me resolve this...

Same here.. works fine on 1.2.6 except that the sent messages are not saved (shown) in the Sent folder.

there's no bug, you need to check the box to save messages sent to store the sent copies...

Great, u r right!
btw, for me - i added CHECKED in the html so all users would default to save the sent messages. tq

I have installed this properly, everything seemed to be find during installation and afterwards when I had to add some lines in admin_options.php, footer.php, etc.

However, now when I go into administration to try and find this plugin/mod, nothing is there.  Its not in my profile either to be able to "Send messages" or what not.  Its basically physically NOT there, although the files and folders are all in the server FTP itself.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Installed fine on 1.2.7. Thanks!
However....

In the readme the code referenced in step 11:

if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'index.php')
        $tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<ul class="conr">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li><a href="search.php?action=show_new">'.$lang_common['Show new posts'].'</a></li>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li><a href="misc.php?action=markread">'.$lang_common['Mark all as read'].'</a></li>'."\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';
    else if (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] == 'action=show_new')

...should now be:

if (in_array(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), array('index.php', 'search.php')))
        $tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<ul class="conr">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li><a href="search.php?action=show_new">'.$lang_common['Show new posts'].'</a></li>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li><a href="misc.php?action=markread">'.$lang_common['Mark all as read'].'</a></li>'."\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';
    else
        $tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';

Or at least I think so. I couldn't find the code referenced by the readme anywhere.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

156 (edited by intolerance 2005-09-05 01:44)

hey there , i installed the mod for punbb 1.2.5 and made the changes written on the readme but now i can't access the bd the output is

Warning: main(./lang/English/pms.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/joaalm.freestarthost.com/upload/include/pms/functions_navlinks.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './lang/English/pms.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/joaalm.freestarthost.com/upload/include/pms/functions_navlinks.php on line 2

i have checked and uploaded all the files

lol I gave up trying to install this mod months ago, I don't know what I was doing wrong but I must have tried at least 20 times. I probably messed it up the first time I ran install.php and that messed it up for good.

Not having PMS has its advantages, no-one can bitch about each other behind other peoples backs - everything is out in the open and flame wars a-plenty big_smile

ehe all fine now it was some files i didn't had upload

159 (edited by Josh-E 2005-09-05 18:18)

EDIT::::  Never mind, I finally figured it out!  I re-did all the new line adding and everything and everything seems to be working fine, I must have made a mistake somewhere.  ::::EDIT

Josh-E wrote:

Do I need to upload the file:  PM-1.2.1.diff anywhere?  Or is that just a non-needed file?

There is some kind of use to that file - I'm not sure exactly how you use it but I believe it's what the following part of the readme is talking about:

##   Using diff to install:
##                    1. Access your webserver via shell/ssh access
##                    2. Enter your punbb-directory
##                    3. patch -p2 < /location/to/PM-1.2.0.diff
##                    4. Run install_mod.php
##                    5. Delete install_mod.php
##                    6. Upload any additional languages

You do not need that file to install the mod; I did it without it.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

When it will be integrated in PunBB main distribution? Cant believe such essential feature is not included by default.

zaqaz wrote:

When it will be integrated in PunBB main distribution? Cant believe such essential feature is not included by default.

PunBB is supposed to be lightweight. While PM is convenient, it is not all that necessary. We do have email, after all. A forum is a forum with or without PM.

Hey give me the changed files please . Please please please ... for 1.2.8 ... thx !

PunBB Romania HERE !

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=53711