Topic: merging topics

I look through this and punres forum and I couldn't find a way to merge two (or more) topics. I sure could use this feature.

Hope I'll find it in the next version.

p.s.: If anyone know how can I merge who topics, please, let me know.

Re: merging topics

I never even relized this wasn't a feature. Well if looks don't matter to you I should have a mod for you by the end of the day  tomorrow.

(7/25/05 6:00pm ECT)

May be it will be a good idea, instead of creating a new mod, to upgrade this one: http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=541 ?

Yes modding that will be easier.

I started doing it, and it is alot harder than I first though. Give me a bit please ^_^.

this would be a really cool feature to make it into the core, i think. would help a lot on support forums where people have to just post links back to the exisiting threads all the time.

ive been moderating at a large board using vbulletin for years now, and merging is essential since many people are lazy and will just start new threads on already well developed topics instead of just taking a second to search. now that im looking to start my own board, i really cant imagine not having it, and im frankly pretty surprised to find that its not a default feature on all boards. i originally planned to go with phpbb, but since you cant merge ive forgotten it. id love to use punbb since its so simple and to the point and the addition of merging would really seal the deal.

Yeah. Split and merge topics should definately be built in. These are really basic stuff and quite frankly i can't see how you're supposed to be able to moderate a forum without it.

This is pretty much what's keeping me from switching to PunBB.

May be an easy to install official Plugin will be a good idea? I would appreciate such plugin very much!

It can't be a plugin really, because then it wouldn't be integrated into moderate.php or anything like that tongue

O.K., so let it be a mod smile

bump

any word on this yet?

IdleFire wrote:

bump

any word on this yet?

detuned wrote:
IdleFire wrote:

bump

any word on this yet?

I dunno, will this work for you: Move Post?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Will it move the first post in a topic?

I've been using ProBoards for the longest time (just switched to PunBB today) and there never has been a merge thread feature. How does it work?

Arvid wrote:

Yeah. Split and merge topics should definately be built in. These are really basic stuff and quite frankly i can't see how you're supposed to be able to moderate a forum without it.

This is pretty much what's keeping me from switching to PunBB.

pogenwurst wrote:
detuned wrote:
IdleFire wrote:

bump

any word on this yet?

I dunno, will this work for you: Move Post?

Hmm, sounds familiar.  Where have I heard that before?  wink  It sounds like Move Post 1.1.1 is the official recommendation, then.  Thanks!