Topic: I seem to be having a problem installing

I copied all of the /upload files into my /var/www/html folder
I open a browser and run the install.php
After I fill out all the fields and click the "start install" button I get a completely blank page.

even the index.php is blank.

I know I have mySQL working properly because phpMyAdmin is working totally fine.

I've tried using both the mysql root and the mysql forum accounts I have created and nothing happens, I just get a full page of white no matter what I do.

I'm running:

Apache 2.0.54
PHP Version 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.12

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: I seem to be having a problem installing

Try re-uploading the files. Perhaps one of the files required by the installer is corrupt.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I actually tried that a few times with the 1.2.6 release and twice with the 1.2.7

Would it be a file permissions problem? would it make any difference if the file was owned by root or apache?

Look at the website / apache logs, if you have them. They might tell you what error is causing the lack of output.

Louis wrote:

Look at the website / apache logs, if you have them. They might tell you what error is causing the lack of output.

I can't believe I didn't think of this, but once I looked at the error log I found the problem right away.

when I coppied the files from /upload to my www folder I forgot "-R" and as such, the include dirs didn't get copied over. DUH!  My bad.

Thanks for the suggestion smile