Re: Free PHP/HTML editor

ameenullah: NetLimiter, but lets get back on topic smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thank You, I am downloading now. Whether it will really control uploads, Will it affect the download limit.? just geting lot of Q in mind. smile anyway I will check after downloading....

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

53 (edited by Paul 2005-01-18 12:41)

buzzkill wrote:
Paul wrote:

I have to admit, I'm a big fan of Topstyle Pro. The output from the preview is far more accurante than DW and the stuff thats supposed to improve productivity really does.

What version of TopStyle pro are you using?  I thought it was just Style editor.

Thanks.

Version 3.1. It's a XHTML/HTML and CSS editor. It supports syntax highlighting for php and you can also map the live preview to a local server if you are editing php pages. I think it can cope with other server side languages as well. Certainly not free though.

http://www.punbbstyle.org/files/puntest.png

yeah, but its not that hard on the wallet.  I own 2.5, and had only been using it for CSS.  I just upgraded for 24 USD to 3.1 last night.  Played with it a bit.  It does syntax highlighting for PHP.  I do like the live preview bit alot.  It saves a step from having to have a browser open all the time pointed to the page and refreshing.  Which is good for spot checks, but not for cross browser checks.  I think the Preview window only uses a version of IE.  I have not read the guide thouroughly, but I remember seeing some note to that effect. 

Thanks Paul!

BTW have you ever tried. StyleMaster?

i can't help but notice the domain there - http://www.punbbstyle.org/ is there going to be a style site?

Rickard wrote:

ameenullah: NetLimiter, but lets get back on topic smile

I installed Netlimiter, after that i am unable to use webserver in my system. Its locking the port 110. And unable to recv mails also. Oooo! It took 4 hrs to detect that my webserver is not working coz of this "Netlimiter." I uninstalled, and now its Pretty Cool.

Sorry to interrupt... smile

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

ptlis wrote:

JEdit, it's cross-platform (great for us GNU/Linux & BSD users), (snip)

ptlis

Thanks, I'll give it a try in OS X. What plugins do you find helpful?

Thx.

I mostly use Notepad2. Before that, I used Code-Genie.

EditPlus is the best one out there.

www.editplus.com

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

60 (edited by hcgtv 2005-09-16 00:54)

I went down this road this past week, I just bought a new laptop and was looking around at the state of PHP editors and IDE's.

All I can say it's gotten rather advanced in the last year, the big surprises are the polish of Nusphere and the free PHPDesigner.

I use Quanta+ on Linux but since my laptop has Windows XP, I was evaluating the offerings.

Does anyone use Nusphere, if so how do you like it?

Notepad++ is the best editor ever! It's free!

use windows wordpad!! free and simple smile

errm, no tongue it has no line numbers which are needed, if you want lightweight use PFE

64 (edited by Frank H 2006-03-21 20:03)

hmm ... I'm bringing up this one to the surface again ... smile

I think I've downloaded and tested all of those free ones above (well not really installed all of them, but at least looked at the screenshots & featurelist and figured it wasn't for me)

I'm looking for a few key items:
* Some sort of project feature (so I easily can keep track on 3-4 directories, and all the files+subdirs within)
* Auto completion (not only for functions, but also for variables I've used in the 'project')
* Runs on Windows and is free

(and a wish, not neccessary a requirement if the other is met ... and that's that the editor/ide use windows functions to render the text, so that cleartype is used ...)

Anyone have a clue if there is such a thing around?

If you have nothing against ripping off Macromedia, I'd give you a serial for Dreaweaver 8 tongue It has most of those functions you ask for, except for auto-completion of vars.

This thread just never dies smile

That's a good set of features you're mentioning there Frank H, but I doubt there is anyone like that for windows that's free. Except of course if it's a port smile

You could always try PHP Designer 2005, but I don't really like it...

dw isn't something for me ... it seems to cause more trouble than it solves in my eyes (and yes I've tested it earlier, and don't want to use it again...)

php designer hasn't auto completion of variables, (I'm actually using it atm, but I'm messing up my variables too much wink)

I think it's better to just have a list of all your vars in a separate document... cos I don't know ANY program that does it tongue

71 (edited by Frank H 2006-03-21 20:52)

Zend Studio does it, but it costs money

Frank,

I use Komodo from ActiveState when I'm working on code. It's not free but for $29.95 for the personal version, it's just about a giveaway.

Download a trial: http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/

73 (edited by zaher 2006-03-22 10:32)

I have php Editor made it by my self, it not have that features included in others but it fine for me.
I need a name for it to publish it as (Free and Open source).

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Ze 1337 Zaher PHP Editor?

hcgtv wrote:

It's not free but for $29.95 for the personal version

but not allowed for commercial use ...