Topic: group-id 32000

As I understand group-id 32000 means an unconfirmed user. Normally their activate_string and activate_key are NULL. 

What does it mean, if their activate_string and activate_key have values?

Re: group-id 32000

i'm not sure but are they used when you use forgotten password?

This is possible. I will test it.

group_id 32000 is unverified users. I.e. users that have never logged in. If their activate_string and activate_key are null, that means they activated their account, but never logged in. It could also mean that "Verify registrations" was not enabled when the signed up. I think smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

To bring up a super-zombie post, I have a question about this.

My forum is rather active, and new users register every day or almost every day. However, every once in a while, a user will send me an email about how he or she registered, and cannot log in, and cannot re-register (with the same email address.)

The user also does not come up in the User List, but does come up in the Users table. If I manually change their user_id from 32000 to, say, 4 (which is regular user, I believe) will anything mess up? Should I insert any values into their activate_string and activate_key fields, or will those auto-fill once the user logs in for the first time?

thanks in advance,

-Tim

Just reset the user's password and he/she should be able to login.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."