Re: PunBB 1.2.8

i am waiting for next punbb version now

52 (edited by Speechless 2005-09-30 16:49)

its going be a long time. I think pun 1.2.8 is stable enought that we dob't have to change for a while, and most likely there is going to a pun1.2.9 in have a years time and then we jump to 1.3.0 with in a year

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]

why would you think that? 1.2.9 could be a couple of weeks away or could never happen, 1.2.5,6,7,8 were not planned they were security fixes, there is no way to predict the next release date really

How can I update my punbb software to the latest version without losing members/posts?

georgeot: Follow the upgrade instructions.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I love the hdiffs ... a couple of minutes of copy + paste and then copy those modified files to all my forums ... hmm... next time I might test the 'automatic' upgrading from the diff files big_smile

The PunRes installer will also be able to run upgrades smile

Hey all!

A question about upgrading:   In theory couldn't I upload the 14 files mentioned here: http://punbb.org/download/hdiff/hdiff-1 … 1.2.8.html

and then run the upload script?

I just figure there has to be a better way of upgrading my 1.26 install than overwriting all the files.

Rob Ludlow 
www.Nifty-Stuff.com - Repository of all Stuff Nifty!
www.reviewum.com - Professor Ratings + Teacher Reviews

Yes, that's the idea behind the "Changed files only" package on the download screen

Connorhd wrote:

why would you think that? 1.2.9 could be a couple of weeks away or could never happen, 1.2.5,6,7,8 were not planned they were security fixes, there is no way to predict the next release date really

Been a week for now... and i wonder if anyone has found a problem yet.

probably not, but what does that prove?

nothing yet, but you can guess can't u? well have to see about that when Rickard decide what to do

huh? guess what? Rickard will no doubt not make a release until either 1.3 is ready or a security flaw is found in 1.2.8 which as i said before is unpredicatable, obviously it gets less likely with each build but is never impossible.

u said it is unpredictable, i am predicting

i am right, you are wrong

As of right now, I am not aware of any security related issues with 1.2.8. I know of a few very minor bugs (or rather annoyances), but that's it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

how could u be right? connorhd

Speechless wrote:

how could u be right? connorhd

Because it is unpredictable wink
I might find a security bug tomorrow, or I might not find one for a month, or I might not find another one (I'm leaning toward the last one, since I haven't really been able to find much of anything else). Same with everyone else