1 (edited by erissiva 2005-10-06 02:37)

Topic: [REQUEST] Internal Group Rankings - I can compensate you

This is kind of similar to this post: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8877

I need to be able to have seperate ranks depending on which group a member is a part of. This is seperate from the forum ranks - I would like to keep that system intact.

Example:

Group 1:
n00b - 5 posts
Dork - 10 posts
Cheese - 25 posts

Group 2:
f0rk - 5 posts
dweeb - 10 posts
Kahuna - 25 posts

General Forum:
New Member - 5 posts
Member - 10 posts
Active Member - 25 posts

How hard would this be to do?

Re: [REQUEST] Internal Group Rankings - I can compensate you

wrong section

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]

Is it?
I don't want it as a Feature Request to punBB, because I know it won't get added. I just need it for my personal forum. I am making a Mod request - not a feature request.

But thanks anyways.

Does anybody know how this could be done?

1) it is a feature request is also a mod request section. It must be a mod inorder to be done.
2) somewhat hard, you need rerout the rank in to the permission section. Personally, I haven't seen this kind of mod request or mod before. I am thinking you are running a rpg right?

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]

1) Wrong, it is a mod request it is in the right place. It is getting annoying the number of mod requests in feature requests, they should not be posted there.

erissive wrote:

This is seperate from the forum ranks - I would like to keep that system intact.

So with this they would have 2 ranks? the rank from the current rank system and the rank within their group?

In that case simply make another rank table, but add a group ID, then make a plugin based on the rank admin page, but lets you choose a group to edit, then filter the ranks by the users group ID and just copy the current rank stuff.

6 (edited by erissiva 2005-10-05 19:48)

1) Had no clue...odd.

2) Actually, no. I just like to have a little difference in my forums. Not using an RPG or anything. It's just a general chat board, but the users have a choice of joining 1 of 3 groups after a certain amount of posts. In these groups (which have seperate ideals), their ranks change according to the group they're in. This would make it much easier to keep track of who is in what group, and how far up they are.'

Edit: Connor - no. The people who don't want to join a group will retain the general forum ranks. Those who want to join a group will have the group rank replace the forum standard.

well you could do the same thing, but make it so it gets the normal rank, then if there is a group rank in the grouprank table overwrite the normal rank.

Connorhd wrote:

well you could do the same thing, but make it so it gets the normal rank, then if there is a group rank in the grouprank table overwrite the normal rank.

Even better - that would make it much simpler to code. Like a if/then/else function?

Like: IF group THEN display group rank ELSE display forum rank...

So, how hard would this be to code? Over the years I have learned 0 PHP and I'm afraid that I would have to learn a ton for this simple mod, and then I would never use it again.

Anyone help me out? Would be much appreciated. Perhaps I could compensate you...custom banners/buttons/templates/etc in exchange?