Topic: Punbb homepage?

I was just wondering if there is a mod available that adds a hompage like the one on this website.  In otherwords, could i create a forum for news that would pull the first post of the forum and put it on the front page of the website?  Better yet, the have an attached poll?  That would be great!

Re: Punbb homepage?

exits a integration done by connorhd http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7051

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

On this website, I use the news generator plugin. It's available on the downloads page.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks alot.  looks like a great addition.  How do you format it to looks so good?  Do you do an include statement or something, or did you modify the script alot?  Thanks.

I simply include the output from the news generator plugin at the right place with a PHP include and then style it with the stylesheets.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

like do you have to change it with each date? when you generate?

Yes, whenever I post a new item in the news forum, I regenerate the news.