Topic: [Mod Request] Post for certain forum have to be reviewed by a mod.

I'm looking for a mod which allows anybody to post new topics in a certain forum, but new topics don't show up untill being properly reviewed and approved my a mod or admin. I don't know how hard this would be, but if anybody could give me any details at all that would be greatly appreciated!!! Slight compensation may be included =-)

Re: [Mod Request] Post for certain forum have to be reviewed by a mod.

That's a feature Rickard was thinking for 1.3 I believe
What you can do, so you can do this without modding, is change the forum permissions so that people can't post new topics. Then, you create another forum, and set it so people can't read it but can post new threads in it. Post the posting link for the second forum in the description of the first. Mods can read the second, if it's OK they move it to the real forum.
It gets a bit harder if you want to moderate posts as well (and would probably end up being a mod then)

Well the point was that the newest topic in this forum becoms the frontpage article of my site, I want others to be able to post things too, but only quality topics, no junk, therefore the topic itself needs to be looked over and approved. The comments and so forth are like regular comments.

OK, then my idea will work well big_smile

Pikey wrote:

Well the point was that the newest topic in this forum becoms the frontpage article of my site, I want others to be able to post things too, but only quality topics, no junk, therefore the topic itself needs to be looked over and approved. The comments and so forth are like regular comments.

Oooo...that's a smart idea! I hadn't thought of that before!
yikes

This might be perfect for making a forum-based community blog. yikes

What you can do, so you can do this without modding, is change the forum permissions so that people can't post new topics. Then, you create another forum, and set it so people can't read it but can post new threads in it. Post the posting link for the second forum in the description of the first. Mods can read the second, if it's OK they move it to the real forum.
It gets a bit harder if you want to moderate posts as well (and would probably end up being a mod then)

Thanks so much for this, Smarty's. I'm going to start testing this.

Look at me, I started a small movement ^_^
Well for now I can use Smartys method, but a mod would make the whole thing a bit cleaner. The request is still out in the open though, if anybody wants to step up and make it I would be very thankfull, and maybe not just me!

wow.. thats a huge sig!

lol, I'm glad you like it, I have an avatar to match but I'm to lazy to upload it.