Re: Calendar 2.0

well i tested it my self and i wasnt able to edit other peoples events. and i tested every option.

and adding the drop down list would be a really long list goin from like 1970 to 2028, its simpler to just type in the date.

I downloaded your update and replaced calendar.php and it works fine now.  After comparing the two files, I must have missed a mod because line 611 on 2.0.6 was line 608 on my version, so I replaced the wrong line.  Thanks for the fix.

C's Daddy

good to hear

Gizzmo:

Does this mod support vCal or iCal importing and/or exporting? because it would be a nice feature to export it to my ipod or handheld

-gezz

no it dont.

Gizzmo:

What would be the easiest way to add some formatted text between the board announcement and top of the calendar.  I don't know any php yet, I tried putting some HTML code in the php files and got parsing errors, so I went back to the original files.

C's Daddy

Gizzmo:

Never mind I got it to work.

C's Daddy

Found another minor bug.  Tried to enter New Year's Day as a recurring event.  Cannot add recurring event (year  0000) in the month of January.

Get error message "This calendar does not go beyond the date you have selected."

Tried a few dates for the month.

Then, I figured it was change in year problem.  So, I tried year Jan 1, year 0001 (didn't work), and Jan 1, year 9999.  It accepted 9999, but event does not appear on the calendar.  It does show up on the edit event list as December 31, until you click it appears as Jan 1, 9999 when you try to edit.

C's Daddy

Gizzmo, is it possible to include a function to display a list of events not yet passed of the week, to see it directly from forum's (portal?) main page ?

Gizmo -- probably i missed this, but does this mod suppose to show "Today's birthday: xxxxx" in the index forum? If not, how to get this done using this mod?

thanks

I have problems after upgrading to 1.2.9
When I want to switch between events and posts/topics, it won't change.
Any idea what might be causing this?
(posted this on punres too.. it's confusing with 2 threads about the same mods)

I'm having the same problem as Endre.  Events seem to add just fine, and topics/posts do show up in the calendar, but I can't switch to event view to see them.  I haven't tried to debug the behaviour yet.  Just letting you know.

think it has something to do with that new function that rickard wrote, i have yet to install 1.2.9 but once i do, ill find a fix

ok well i found out what was causeing the error. in calendar/header.php change line 42 to

$type = (isset($_REQUEST['type']))? $_REQUEST['type'] : $CFG_start_view;

Hi.
It is possible to have a flow rss for the calendar
It's to share data on other site.

Gizzmo wrote:

ok well i found out what was causeing the error. in calendar/header.php change line 42 to

$type = (isset($_REQUEST['type']))? $_REQUEST['type'] : $CFG_start_view;

Thanks Gizzmo for the quick fix smile Works like a charm now!
Great mod, if I might add.

Gizzmo:

Have you had a chance to look at the recurring event bug that I posted about on 9-21-05?

C's Daddy

143 (edited by foxmask 2005-12-14 08:42)

Bug !

hi,

A bug that you can see just this month !

When you're on the calendar on December, the previous month is Novembre 2005 (and the link is calendar.php?date=2005.11) and the next month is January 2005 (link is calendar.php?date=2005.13).
Go on you calendar and point the mouse on the month name and read the link and click on january to see wink

regards.

To fix it, open calendar/header.php and in the mini_cal function (arround line 119) :
replace

<h2><span><a href="calendar.php?date=<? echo $year ?>.<? echo $X?>"><?echo $lang_calendar[$monthtext]?></a></span></h2>

by

<h2><span><a href="calendar.php?date=<?php if ($month == 12 and $X ==13) {echo $year+1;}elseif ($month==1 and $X == 0) {echo $year -1;}else{echo $year;}?>.<?php if ($month == 12 and $X == 13){echo 1;}elseif($month==1 and $X == 0) {echo 12;}else{echo $X;} ?>"><?echo $lang_calendar[$monthtext]?></a></span></h2>

I just looked through this topc and didn't find this, but it is a long topic so forgive me if this has been covered:

I have several user groups on my forum and only "members" and "moderators" can add events.  How do I allow all groups to add events?

I don't allow guests in my forum at all, so I want to let anyone post to the calendar.  I'm guessing I just need to remove this line.  Is that right?

if(($pun_user['group_id'] == PUN_MOD && $CFG_mod_add=='yes') or ($pun_user['group_id'] == PUN_MEMBER && $CFG_user_add=='yes') or ($pun_user['group_id'] == PUN_ADMIN))

Which is right before this line

echo '<br /><div class="box"><p> <a href="calendar.php?action=add">'.$lang_calendar['Add_event'].'</a> | <a href="calendar.php?action=edit">'.$lang_calendar['Edit_event'].'</a></p></div>';

under calendar/header.php at navigation function, i add thist o get rid of the "next day" showing 2006 as yr during the month of dec 2005.
changed to:

<a href=calendar.php?view=<?echo$type?>&date=<?if($month == 12 and $day == 31){echo $year+1;}else{echo$year;}?>.<?if($day == $day_in_mth){if($month==12){echo'1';}else{echo $month+1;}}else{echo $month;}?>.<?if($day == $day_in_mth){echo '1';}else{echo $day+1;}?>><?echo$lang_calendar['Next Day']?></a><br />

I have default "posts/topics"

When i clik on "events" - not move to events

Its bag?

What can i do?

ERROR - MIRROR

Try this.

Thanks!
I like it mod.

ERROR - MIRROR