Re: Attachments

Ah, silly me :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I am about transtation in RUS.. where I can get this mod to translate them?

28 (edited by Frank H 2003-09-06 19:10)

It's not yet released ... I'm working on writing the installation, and also converting it from 1.0 RC 2 to 1.0.1 + still fiddling with detail.

Shouldn't take too long before the 1.0 release is due.

Edit: will most probably be released Monday the 8th of September 2003 smile

I'm looking forward to it~

Going to fix a few easy things that could be a security risk, then I'll release it. So before I go to bed today I'll most probably release it.

31 (edited by Frank H 2003-09-12 06:41)

err... time flies when you have fun ... it's 23:30 and Kennel has gone through the mod to make sure it's ok, and I will put priority on my Master Thesis and the Formula SAE trip to Finland, so I won't stay up to fix the small things he found. Unfortunately.

But considering it's so big (50 steps in readme.txt, and  13 files in the zip) I guess you rather want it to be ok, than needing to reinstall it shortly (Kennel found one thing, that no Windows users could use, and probably only a few linux users could use ... too bad it was a neat little thing, now it's an ugly if array instead roll ).

So I'll try to fix all the small things tomorrow, and post it then. I will also post the layered icon template, and a selection of different colors (white, light grey, dark grey, PunBB blue smile)

Sorry all that was expecting it today, but hopefully tomorrow... smile

Edit: Well I have fixed most of the stuff Kennel had written down (all the easy bits), but as you might have figured out I've been busy (the semester has started, and I have also started with my Master Thesis, and today I leave for Finland for the weekend, back sometime on monday) ... so it's been delayed. But I'll fix the harder parts of Kennels comments, so it's more PunBB like (Kennel know what page I'll reconstruct big_smile)... I guess I could have wrapped it up yesterday... but leaving the day afterwards wasn't so good I believed... so I wait to fix the things... hopefully next week, depending on workload from 'reallife' ... btw... I've got 256mb to my digicam, so expect some Formula SAE pics big_smile

As Frank H just said, I just tested the mod, and I must say it's working very nice :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

33 (edited by haaaz 2003-09-09 09:47)

oh....don't release until u fixed the bug...i'm a windows user big_smile

Pending

I've fixed all the things Kennel mentioned ... but I'm sooo busy at the moment (that's why I really wanted to release it last week when I said... as I knew I would be choked with work now)...

I will finish up the zip and release it as fast as I can ... I dunno when though ... but the interface has changed some to look like PunBB abit more ... Screenshot

Frank H. If the install is complicated maybe you want a non-expert to test it out. If so let me know. I have a test board up on a server just for that sort of thing.

in your screen shot, you allow 10,000,000 bytes, thats un realistic, who will allow a 10mb file to be uploaded onto their server...

I guess he's just testing stuff out. 100 KB should be a nice default value I think.

yeah o.o

so bit lOnger tim3 smile we want test it 2 :-)) !!!

I do ... I have actually 20mb on some places ... as I'm dealing with large textures and 3d models on the forum where I needed it ... and thus there mightbe very large zipfiles, that I don't want to split smile

btw ... the default is 0 bytes ... and you cannot raise the value over a predefined max that's specified in a php file (where the always deny fileextentions always are listed), if you do, it reverts back to that value instead.

btw Kennel, are you happy with this new layout on the alter forum rules page? (Screenshot)
smile

and ps21: I have installed the script, and so has Kennel (he mentioned a few things, that I now have corrected) ... so if one follow the readme file, there shouldn't be any problems, I guess...

Frank H: Yeah, it looks much better now :)

5D rlz la!!!

so in which time the attachment will be ready << ? smile

NIC3 SCR33NSx:_:x:x:x:x

Frank H wrote:
I will finish up the zip and release it as fast as I can ... I dunno when though ...

when we can download this?

dun be so fkenny plz~!

Kox wrote:

when we can download this?

Be patient .. we all would like to test his script but if he doesn't have time i'll understand often havin' the same problem when i'm working on something.

S C U B A

i have other opinion

huh ?-)))) still wRk on Attachments ?