Topic: PunBB 1.2.10

In the effort to release updated version as soon as possible after new issues are discovered, I hereby present PunBB 1.2.10. This release has been made to fix a couple of semi-serious security issues as well as a few minor bugs and annoyances. Fingers crossed, 1.2.10 should be the last release in the 1.2 tree. No, that does not mean I have a date or even an educated guess as to when 1.3 will be released. There are just too many variables involved for me to do that.

Thanks go out to Jonatan Wulcan, Stefan Esser, Smartys and Michael "PMD" Dorman.

Enjoy!

Edit: While trying to send out the newsletter for this release, the program I have been using to broadcast the announcement broke down completely. I will find a different tool tomorrow and give it another go. I apologize for this.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.10

Update successful (hdiff)!

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

In punbb-1.2.10-changed_files.zip the update file is 12_to_129_update.php. Need a fix ?

Thanks a lot for the new version. I have one question though. I haven't kept up on updates, and my version is 1.27. I have many mods installed, and would have to upgrade using the patch, then the hdiff if needed. What I am wondering is, would I need to do the patch for 1.28, then 1.29, then 1.2.10, or if I did the newest 1.2.10 patch and probably hdiff would it cover everything? Thank you for everything you do.

My upgrade is complete. Thanks!

Thanks so much for all your hard work.  Great stuff as usual!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Done with hdiff. Thanks!

analogue wrote:

In punbb-1.2.10-changed_files.zip the update file is 12_to_129_update.php. Need a fix ?

Yes, I feel that in "changed files only" the file 12_to_1210_update.php is missing... I guess you can grab the one in the full release, thou

http://dev.punbb.org/changeset/286 - my IP address is now wrong sad

analogue wrote:

Thanks. I've update the changed files packages.

Note to self: Write shell script to create the packages for a new release so I don't f*ck up again.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

a63548 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the new version. I have one question though. I haven't kept up on updates, and my version is 1.27. I have many mods installed, and would have to upgrade using the patch, then the hdiff if needed. What I am wondering is, would I need to do the patch for 1.28, then 1.29, then 1.2.10, or if I did the newest 1.2.10 patch and probably hdiff would it cover everything? Thank you for everything you do.

Just grab the diff or hdiff that takes you from 1.2.7 directly to 1.2.10. You can find them if you look around in the download archive. Then run the upgrade script 12_to_1210_update.php. That will bump up your version number in the database.

Connorhd wrote:

I'm sorry, but there's just no way of solving it. HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR was just too easy to spoof.

Ok, i hate my ISP, i'm always getting banned since 1/10th of the city i live in has the same IP as me.

Upgrade complete, Hdiff took me 13 minutes from download to finished product, I'm getting good at this! big_smile

Connorhd wrote:

I can write a mod to store X_FORWARDED_FOR somewhere if you want smile

Updated fine using hdiff

updated all my forums ... as scheduled within 24 hours since release wink  (actually within 30 minutes since I saw it was released big_smile)

yep - thanks for the easy "changes only" downloads.

when 1.3 is realeased, will we havew to do a complete reinstall of everythin or will it be easy anough to update with hdiff?

I think you'll have to do a complete re-install, just like 1.1 - 1.2: there would just be too many changes

ok, thats no problem, just checkion tongue

The mods will need rewritten/updated/extensionised anyway wink

I'm looking forward to that (not timewise/workload, but that new extension thingie smile) ... as I know some things I would like to change atm (in the attachment mod) that would just be truly annoying to change in the current state wink

I got fed up with all the crappy mass mailer applications out there, so I wrote my own in .NET:

http://punbb.org/stuff/mailtorrent.png
http://punbb.org/stuff/mailtorrent2.png

It took about an hour. Testing out maybe 10 other applications that didn't work properly took a lot longer.

25 (edited by sverrir 2005-11-01 23:25)

Thanks for the update smile
Are you working in .net these days Rickard?