Topic: features for a free forum host

Hi guys

I have a free forum host that uses punbb. I want to give the users the ability to edit the footer of their mainpage in order to insert some of their own html code. Is there a plugin for this? They should be able to insert at least a counter code or something...

Re: features for a free forum host

Write a plugin to allow them to edit template files

very nice, but I am not a programmer. I must ask a programmer to do it, but I thought it was already made. Well, thanks for the quick reply though wink

if you ask connorhd he has one that he uses for mypunbb smile

he already signed up for an account smile so at least I think it's him. My main goal is to grow my freeblog hosting, so the forum business is (and it will be) in a second place. And it not targeted for English speaking users at this moment. However, it's nice to have such a plugin because users feel the need to customize their forum at least with a counter big_smile
So connorhd, how about that plugin? big_smile

Errm, no tongue a few reasons, first of all i know its evil but i don't like helping the competition tongue and secondly it won't work for you anyway since its for mypunbb which doesn't use the same system as your site.

connorhd, I was expecting this response. I will put my programmer to work then smile good luck to you all and I'll be back here if I will have some issues smile

Its not too hard, took me about 20min to write and i'm sure it could be done alot better lol

is it possible to make other files editable from a plugin like that?

Yeh, but if you are thinking of php files its probably not the best idea wink