Topic: An interview with yours truly

The nice folks over at The Admin Zone just posted an interview with me. So, if you for some odd reason would want to know more about me big_smile, go ahead.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: An interview with yours truly

I've been to Helsingborg! cool

hej!

Jack Daniels!!!

4 (edited by Ludo 2005-11-23 17:47)

French people make good cars now smile . 405 peugeot, it was about 15 years ago... You now have 406 but it's not the same price!

hcgtv wrote:

Jack Daniels!!!

Four roses !

Ludo,

Thanks for sharing. I found the "What are the most common mistakes you see new admins making?" section especially enlightening.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

The odd reason that we are sharing with same thing, so we not feel wr are the only in the world feeling like that.

It differs a lot from working for a regular commercial business in that it isn't so much driven by profit and that universities in general are quick to embrace new technologies

I don't speak XHTML/CSS

I think every developer at some time have dreamed of becoming a game programmer.

I have a tendency to always mess up some minute detail in the release process

In fact you must be feel lucky to have good character over the internet (not like me:P ).

I would be the worst crime witness ever.

It is really nothing, another 5 years you will say another sentence.

"gazillionaire" what that number? we have a word "Madionaire" in english "Debtionair".

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Ludo wrote:

French people make good cars now smile

76000 brits disagree with you. Check out the bottom 10. Ok, the brits might not be the best people to ask, but still smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard, nice to hear that you're well recognized, I hope that one day I'll have the same recognition smile

'no-BS online discussions'

That should be PunBB's slogan.

10 (edited by The Sandman 2005-11-25 21:00)

Greetings to the PunBB Community!

First, I'd like to thank Rickard for taking the time to do an awesome interview for the Admin Zone. I sent him a long list of questions, some of which were not so easy to answer, and he did a fabulous job on them. Next, I'd like to congratulate him for his creation, PunBB. I think it has a ton of potential. smile

I'd like to invite the members of the "no-BS PunBB Community" to register on the Admin Zone and be a part of our community of forum administrators. Our members use the entire spectrum of forum software products, and the simple fact is that most of the issues that forum administrators face is software independent. Still, I would not mind seeing the PunBB contingent beefed up a little bit to help spread the word for Rickard. And who knows, you may enjoy contributing to the TAZ community.

For those of you who do register, please do two things - first of all, when you fill out your profile information make sure that you indicate that you are a PunBB user (PunBB is one of the choices listed). Then, once your registration is activated, go to your UserCP > Group Memberships page and join the PunBB public usergroup. This will give you a special username markup and secondary title indicating your affiliation with PunBB.

Ninja Edit: Forgot to mention - after you join the PunBB group you must go back to your UserCP > Group Memberships page and choose to be identified as a member of the PunBB group. Dang complicated vBulletin... smile

See you at TAZ! big_smile

The Sandman
Owner & Administrator of the Admin Zone

w00t
*goes to mess with his profile big_smile *

12 (edited by snapsolutions 2005-11-26 00:14)

Rickard wrote:
Ludo wrote:

French people make good cars now smile

76000 brits disagree with you. Check out the bottom 10. Ok, the brits might not be the best people to ask, but still smile

Maybe it's a little bit off topic but I always wondered why there are no french made cars in North America?
Ok, there are few old Peugeots, Renaults and Citroens but that's all. No dealership or anything. I did a brief search but found nothing.

Oh... nice interview btw, I recognized myself in the 'crime witness' story smile

13 (edited by Ludo 2005-11-26 00:26)

snapsolutions wrote:

topic but I always wondered why there are no french made cars in North America?
Ok, there are few old Peugeots, Renaults and Citroens but that's all. No dealership or anything. I did a brief search but found nothing.

I do not know why. Maybe it's linked to the history. Renault, Peugeot and citroen are principally in europe. I said principally because now, when you buy a nissan, you buy a renault...
Maybe french cars are not big enough for north american. Moreover, french builders are used to making vehicles using diesel. I know this is not searched by north american.

Ludo,