Topic: Desktop Screen

Hi all, I would like to create a desktop screen(common desktop) for my local office, But i am not sure how far it ll be good to have such screen. Do anyone heared about this, or anyone having such tool or screen. pls let me know.

It should look like a html page (with links to other local sites or internet sites or news updates) or it may be flash kind of thing.
It should not show any desktop icon placed on the screen.
It should be locked/fixed screen on the desktop.

I dont have even a clue, how to do this. could anyone help me out.

Thanks in Adv.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Re: Desktop Screen

this game use desktop as its interface try it "Desktop Planet"

http://www.desksoft.com/Download/DPSetup.zip

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

3 (edited by Todd 2005-12-07 18:42)

How about this approach?

Build an HTML page of the links you want to have on everyones desktop.  Host it somewhere.  Turn on Windows much maligned 'Active Desktop' feature ('feature' here is obviously a very loose term) on everyones computers and point it to your custom built HTML page. Now just delete all the icons from everyones desktop.

There you have it.  An extremely weird way to interface with your pc but doable nevertheless!  smile

If your running Linux... I haven't a clue!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Thanks to all.. but i am looking something which can be static on the desktop and can be controlled by remote. Active Web page idea is ok, but user should not be able to change the options. can anyone give me better choice.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

In XP it is always Active Desktop user can not change it.
What is your targets?

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Targets? couldnt understand Zaher,

Here, We have around 50 nodes. All can access 1 server. And i want the info to be updated in server and it should display in all other desktops as a desktop wallpaper with info. I have seen the Desktop plant. Its good but i need something dynamic. I too want something whcih can stay inbetween desktop wallpaper and icons. But it should get updated from the Server. and no options ll be given for the user(desktop).