Re: error with admin_index.php

I am totally on your side hcgtv, what you are saying is exactly my opinion on the matter.

By the way, Netfirms has upgraded to MYSQL 4.1.1.2 however the administration panel still has the same error "Error: Unable to fetch online count." Maybe a reinstall would fix it, i'll try now.

Hi, I'm also hosting with Netfirms, and I get this same message for admin_index.php.

My question is, what am I missing if I can't access admin_index.php? Most of the tasks I want to carry out, I seem to be able to do with the admin_*.php pages.

I have a deal of work to do across my new site, so I need to know if this is something that needs to be seen as priority.

I really don't know guys.  Netfirms' support for me on that entire issue was extremely lacking, so I dumped them as a host.

I found a better one, for roughly the same price.  With a bunch more features.  I'm happier now smile

Manhog: Nothing really. Just the function to check for new versions.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well that's ok, I can live with that. Thanks Rickard - PunBB is excellent. Now I just have to find a polls mod that works with 1.2.10!

Farooq - who did you move to host with after dropping Netfirms?

Manhog wrote:

Farooq - who did you move to host with after dropping Netfirms?

to phpwebhosting.com

I moved to site5. Recommended smile

I've still got my Netfirms account and i've got a punbb forum on there, it works fine as long as you replace admin_index with admin_options so i dont care too much..

I joined up with netfirms.com about 3 months ago, very happy with them.
They do support .htaccess, I used it recently to do a url redirection.

Usayd wrote:

I moved to site5. Recommended smile

I've still got my Netfirms account and i've got a punbb forum on there, it works fine as long as you replace admin_index with admin_options so i dont care too much..

I've also been very disappointed with Netfirms lately, and coincidentally I've been looking into Site5 quite heavily too.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.