Topic: Search function problem using punbo/ punbb

Hi  All

I have a problem on my site www.1in3000.com

In the forum,  everything seems to be working ok apart from the search function.  Could anyone have a look and give me some pointers.

thanks

Re: Search function problem using punbo/ punbb

certainly due to the mod you've installed.

Ludo,

Hi

Thanks you that,  but any idea of what may be wrong.  could it be permissions on files i need to change.

dave

You can't just embed a page within another page: search.php is its own seperate HTML document.
I would suggest using an iframe instead

sorry i'm lost,  the punbb has been incorporated into mambo using punbo  from  www.nnexxezz.com/punbo/
It  seems to work correctly on there site,  but when i comes to help with problem  there not the quickest

thanks
dave

Hi

Think i may have found the cause to the serach problem,  there seems to be a clash with the main css in that it uses #search as well.  Would anyone know how to get around this.  Tried just deleting the #serach in main css but when i do this,  i loose the main search function.

thanks for any help,  this is the only thing i have wrong with the forum now.  have a got around the rules/ notices problem by creating  a forum with them in.

dave sad

From a css point of view its simple. Just change main.css to either

td #search

or

div#search

That does however still leave you with two id's of "search" which means the page doesn't validate and you may get javascript problems.

I'm thinking it would be better if PunBB didn't use id="search" because search boxes are becoming very common on sites now which means there is a high liklihood of this particular conflict becoming a real pain from an integration point of view.

Hi  Paul

I changed the main css to div#search  and i do get the javascript error,  is there any way to get around this.  Also noticed that the announcments page now work, but still get problems with the rules page. When the rules page is turned on i get alsorts of errors with people trying to register

thanks
dave stanton