Topic: 1.3 coming...

Rickard wrote:

The next incarnation of PunBB, version 1.3, is in development. I hope to release it before Christmas.

As The development area has no modification for four weeks, I just would like to know if the work is still in progress.

Ludo,

Re: 1.3 coming...

Yes, slowly but surely.

With christmas in just hours to come I assume that hope has become a wish?

Rickard wrote:

The next incarnation of PunBB, version 1.3, is in development. I hope to release it before Christmas.

Any chance off...

Rickard wrote:

The next incarnation of PunBB, version 1.3, is in development. I hope to release it before New Year.

Sorry to be a pain... but fancy putting a time scale on 1.3? Just curious because been holding back on a project as would like to use 1.3.

late merry christmas and happy new year all.... smile

Its obviously not going to be out before the new year. Try before easter.

StevenBullen wrote:

Sorry to be a pain... but fancy putting a time scale on 1.3? Just curious because been holding back on a project as would like to use 1.3.

My concern is about Mod writers. Because 1.3 is going to be such a significant change, I can see why mod writers wouldn't want to create new mods right now. They would likely have to be rewritten for 1.3... no?

Michael Garofalo
Webmaster - Photics.com

Photics: 1.3 has an extension system. This will enable authors to extend the functionality of PunBB without modifying any PHP scripts.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard when 1.3 will be release ?

Darmowe forum - Polish free forum hosting

"When it's done" smile

I haven't been able to work on PunBB as much as I had hoped these last few weeks. I'm considering taking a week off from work just to work on PunBB. We'll see.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

so there is just one more question open:

when is it done? *hrhrhrhr

eliteforce wrote:

so there is just one more question open:

when is it done? *hrhrhrhr

when its all put together smile

1.3 is a big change to PunBB, I'd give Rickard and Paul all the time they need.

This is Open Source, as in we are all volunteers working in our spare time.

Of course we could all take up a collection and pay Rickard to take a month off to work on Pun wink

hcgtv wrote:

1.3 is a big change to PunBB, I'd give Rickard and Paul all the time they need.

This is Open Source, as in we are all volunteers working in our spare time.

Of course we could all take up a collection and pay Rickard to take a month off to work on Pun wink

Shit... I would donate.

I would donate too, but realisticaly one month off is a little too big for the PunBB community wink

Jérémie wrote:

I would donate too, but realisticaly one month off is a little too big for the PunBB community wink

Well, for that month, Rickard has to limit his Bourbon intake wink

Not that I am demanding or pushing anything, but I am just curious ? any print screens of 1.3 or is it a total suprise? smile

And what makes you think it's going to look any different to 1.2?

Paul wrote:

And what makes you think it's going to look any different to 1.2?

Well, first of all 1.3 is a major release. Also, you mentioned some markup and css changes for 1.3 on few occasions, so I assume something's cookin' smile

Rickard wrote:

I'm considering taking a week off from work just to work on PunBB. We'll see.

Sounds like a bad way of spending those few days off one gets per year ... instead, go ski or something with those, and relax ...

Well that's just my opinion, as I can wait smile

snapsolutions wrote:

Not that I am demanding or pushing anything, but I am just curious ? any print screens of 1.3 or is it a total suprise? smile

Wasn't there a video or something, which showed one of the new features in 1.3?

1.3 should be awesome! big_smile

Frank H wrote:

Sounds like a bad way of spending those few days off one gets per year ... instead, go ski or something with those, and relax ...

Well that's just my opinion, as I can wait

It depends on what you like to do. I know I'd rather go work on my website than Ski.

Michael Garofalo
Webmaster - Photics.com

Photics wrote:

Wasn't there a video or something, which showed one of the new features in 1.3?

1.3 should be awesome! big_smile

There is a demo here : http://punbb.org/stuff/extdemo/

The new features are here : http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=55291#p55291 wink

22 (edited by Photics 2006-01-07 18:58)

- "Fancy URLs" (via mod_rewrite)

Mmmmm... fancy URLs. lol

This is my favorite feature big_smile

Michael Garofalo
Webmaster - Photics.com

O_O That extension support ROCKS!

any news?

Expect a big commit to subversion tomorrow. See, it's still on the way! smile