Topic: Moderators changing usergroups?

Hi.

I run a forum for a World of Warcraft guild and I want the leaders of the guild to be able to change peoples usergroups.
Moderators can't change it, and I can't find any option regarding it.
They can ban users, edit bans and change passwords (if allowed by the options) but they can't seem to change the usergroup of a user.

Does anyone know if i've missed an option or if it isn't possible?

Thanks
Vikholm.

Re: Moderators changing usergroups?

At default there not able to..though its pretty easy to edit PunBB to make moderators do that. I did it once, but it wasn't that secure. I don't think I did it in the most safest way. Just edit this part of profile.php..

else if (isset($_POST['update_group_membership']))
{
    if ($pun_user['g_id'] > PUN_ADMIN)
        message($lang_common['No permission']);

confirm_referrer('profile.php');

$new_group_id = intval($_POST['group_id']);

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users SET group_id='.$new_group_id.' WHERE id='.$id) or error('Unable to change user group', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

// If the user was a moderator or an administrator, we remove him/her from the moderator list in all forums as well
    if ($new_group_id > PUN_MOD)
    {
        $result = $db->query('SELECT id, moderators FROM '.$db->prefix.'forums') or error('Unable to fetch forum list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

while ($cur_forum = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
        {
            $cur_moderators = ($cur_forum['moderators'] != '') ? unserialize($cur_forum['moderators']) : array();

if (in_array($id, $cur_moderators))
            {
                $username = array_search($id, $cur_moderators);
                unset($cur_moderators[$username]);
                $cur_moderators = (!empty($cur_moderators)) ? '\''.$db->escape(serialize($cur_moderators)).'\'' : 'NULL';

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'forums SET moderators='.$cur_moderators.' WHERE id='.$cur_forum['id']) or error('Unable to update forum', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
            }
        }
    }

redirect('profile.php?section=admin&id='.$id, $lang_profile['Group membership redirect']);
}

Mr Puto wrote:

At default there not able to..though its pretty easy to edit PunBB to make moderators do that. I did it once, but it wasn't that secure. I don't think I did it in the most safest way. Just edit this part of profile.php..

Ok, problem is i'm not at all good when it when it comes to php, so if you'd want to help me out a little more (perhaps even a lot) it'd be greatly appreciated.

Vikholm wrote:
Mr Puto wrote:

Ok, problem is i'm not at all good when it when it comes to php, so if you'd want to help me out a little more (perhaps even a lot) it'd be greatly appreciated.

Just change

if ($pun_user['g_id'] > PUN_ADMIN)

to

if ($pun_user['g_id'] > PUN_MOD)

That should do it.

Then the mod can make themself an admin

Ahh, thanks a bunch, I'll go try that out.