Topic: IP ADDRESS??

Hi all, again i have had a look but cant find an answer on the forum,

How do i STOP users IP being shown along side their usernames in posts, if this is controlled in admin Im sorry. I am unable to see where..

Kind Regards
R

Re: IP ADDRESS??

you can edit viewtopic.php nd just put // infront of were it reads out the ip's.
ip's are only shown for the admin just to let you know. users can not see the ip's.

Thanks Mark,

Should have thought of that myself, think it was because i thought it would have been an option with admin area.

Thankyou
Roger

Hi!

I'm not too sure where to post this, so I'll just use this thread.. the topic title suits it well.

My forums are new.. I've never seen more than 3 guests on the forums at a time.. and they are open read only for guests.

Tonight I just checked it and saw 11 guests (!!?), and every single one of their IP's started wit 74.6.86.XX... I did a quick google search for 74.6.86 but couldn't find anything usefull.. Anyone experienced anything similar to this? Is this some kind of script? even though the last 2 IP digits are different?

although unlikely, if a user has a dynamic ip address, it would be possible for them to show up as different ip addresses.

6 (edited by Vanslyde 2006-12-14 04:53)

I saw the IP addresses with the Who's Online mod.. and each "guest" were allegedly looking at different threads. Could this still be in accordance with your possible explanation?

edit: or it could be like, a classroom or something with many users looking at the forums at the same time? yeah I didn't think of that.. although that would surprise me, but still.. it might be "normal" afterall.

Vanslyde: That's a Yahoo spider

Smartys wrote:

Vanslyde: That's a Yahoo spider

oh... http://www.kommunen.nu/img/smileys/smiley_blush.gif

Thanks.

I only said that because on another forum I had a long time ago (a phpbb install), I'd show up several times in the who's online section of the admin page, and they all showed me as the user for all the ip addresses.