1 (edited by Mastodon 2006-01-23 23:48)

Topic: [Release] Update all

I do a lot of manual database work on my site, and forums often end up confused over the number of topics and replies when I clear some data. This tends to mess up a lot of post-redirecting features, so I decided to spend a few minutes writing a plugin to run update_forum on all forums. It's ridiculously simple, but I find it handy. Plus the comically large button is fun to use.

Edit: this one does it much better.

Re: [Release] Update all

Very nice, but I believe there is already a plugin that does this. From the downloads page:

Forum cleanup. Created by Connorhd. This plugin lets forum administrators do a little spring cleaning in the forum database. It can be used to clean out the database after a spam attack. Additionally, it can be used to synchronize user post counts, topic post counts, last post data etc. The plugin requires MySQL 4.0.4 or later.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Obsolete'd!

Connor's plugin is much more extensive than mine. Thanks for the pointer.

4 (edited by lebel 2006-01-29 08:25)

Rickard wrote:

Very nice, but I believe there is already a plugin that does this. From the downloads page:

Forum cleanup. Created by Connorhd. This plugin lets forum administrators do a little spring cleaning in the forum database. It can be used to clean out the database after a spam attack. Additionally, it can be used to synchronize user post counts, topic post counts, last post data etc. The plugin requires MySQL 4.0.4 or later.

And what for MySQL 3.23 (PunBB 1.2.10) ???
;-)

those people need to upgrade their MySQL tongue