Re: 1.3 coming...

Yaaay, my site depends on it. wink

Have a look-see: www.limber.se/aftonborsen (only for swedish folks)
Be sure to post your comments and/or thoughts on my little punbb forum! smile

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

When I said a "big commit", I didn't mean the whole thing smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

28 (edited by Limber 2006-01-29 22:26)

I knew that, and therefore I decided to give you a little "push" by telling you my site depends on your progress... wink

Not that it would do any good of course. As you can see, I'm running my own project so I know time is a strange and wonderful thing.

Well, I am tomorrow past 6 minutes. Still nothing! I'm shock!

Waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3... waiting for 1.3......

Yes, I will take my medecine, I'll promise...

Tomorrow = Monday 30th January 2006 23:59:59

Will this be called the Year of the Dog release?

Yeeaahhh smile

Its showtime smile

i C q  1 3 o o 7 5 5 5 5

hcgtv wrote:

Will this be called the Year of the Dog release?

How about "The Shutting People Up Release"?

Rickard wrote:

Expect a big commit to subversion tomorrow. See, it's still on the way! smile

big_smile Good to hear, Rickard. In this case, pretty much any news is good news.

Paul wrote:

Tomorrow = Monday 30th January 2006 23:59:59

Assuming I can stay awake that is.

It is necessary to wait today version 1.3 or not?

Nobody said 1.3 was out today just that there would be a big commit of the latest work.

Turns out what Paul and I was planning took a little bit longer than we had planned. I will wrap it up when I get home from work today. The commit coming today is all the new markup and stylesheets (and then some).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

That is a lot... nice.

I don't think that many knows what "commit" means, so if you swing around such fancy words in a thread like this, people are going to get the wrong idea. wink

For those of you who don't know what "commit" means; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version_control_system
Scroll down for info on commit.

40 (edited by ax 2006-01-31 08:51)

Limber wrote:

That is a lot... nice.

I don't think that many knows what "commit" means, so if you swing around such fancy words in a thread like this, people are going to get the wrong idea. wink

For those of you who don't know what "commit" means; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version_control_system
Scroll down for info on commit.

Thanks, has educated... wink

so.... we waiting some news... smile

ax wrote:

so.... we waiting some news... smile

another letter gets added to a file.

I'm sorry, but nothing tonight. It's just too much work and I don't want to half-ass it. Then again, this commit will mostly affect markup and stylesheets, so pretty much the only thing of interest to you guys is that you can get a glimpse of how things will look.

Rickard wrote:

I'm sorry, but nothing tonight. It's just too much work and I don't want to half-ass it. Then again, this commit will mostly affect markup and stylesheets, so pretty much the only thing of interest to you guys is that you can get a glimpse of how things will look.

Certainly don't want anything half-assed. I don't want 1.3 to come out whenever, then the next week have to update again for a security flaw. I will be waiting with bated breath.

>> I'm sorry, but nothing tonight. It's just too much work and I don't want to half-ass it.

My gawd man. Take your time. No sense in killing yourself to get it out the door. I'm sure it will come out when it's ready.

46 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-02-01 06:10)

@Rickard: after this next commit is it safe to snag one of the stylesheets and maybe get a head start on a style for the possible style contest? will there be any major changes after this next update to the dev as far as templates and/or styles are concerned?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

will there be any major changes after this next update to the dev as far as templates and/or styles are concerned?

I also would be interested in the answer to this one.

as for time of release... Who cares.... Christmas has just gone (PSP and 360 under my tree)... so another christmas present (1.3 done) mid year would be good for me.

Long live PunBB....

There are major differences in 1.3 mostly aimed at providing much more flexibility when styling but also incorporating accessibility features and more modular markup. This however will be the last major change to the markup and css for the forseeable future. Essentially the markup, templates and css will be locked down so that people can get on with developing more advanced styles which will continue to work for some considerable time. Any bugs in the markup that are found or tweaks that need to be made will most likely all be done by Version 1.3.1. Once this commit is done you can depend on it staying the same subject to bugs needing to be ironed out.

(Note: the one possible fly in the ointment is IE7. I'm not going to change markup and css based on a buggy beta release so it is always possible changes will need to be made, most likely css changes, to accomodae it)

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

@Rickard: after this next commit is it safe to snag one of the stylesheets and maybe get a head start on a style for the possible style contest? will there be any major changes after this next update to the dev as far as templates and/or styles are concerned?

I don't believe there will be any major changes to the markup, so yes, grabbing it and starting to work on a style for the contest sounds like a great idea smile And yes, there will be a contest. I'm thinking best style and best extension. Maybe more, we'll see.

Actually, if people start to work on it immediatelly it would be a great help as it would be a knd of beta test.