Topic: Private post

Hi all,

I am already playing with user permission to create "private" forum... but it is not so usable for very precise post you want to put it private... It makes no sense to me to create a private forum only for 1 post...
Doesn't it exist a way to do a private post? through plugin or whatever...

thanks
Pascal

Re: Private post

if it's for the writer's eyes only you could use the private message mod and just send yourself the pm.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I want to post a post and that the user either I choose or they enter a password could access it and reply to it... so a real private discussion for only 1 subject/post

4 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-02-25 09:17)

I am sure there is a password protect feature mod.... could help ya. wink

Password Protected Forums Mod

Sounds like to me you just want to PM them. very easy...

ariapictures wrote:

Sounds like to me you just want to PM them. very easy...

PM? and if it is easy, don't hesitate to show your knowledge by describing it...

I think you mean 1 TOPIC... not 1 post.

and if I am right in what your thinking.... I am not sure how PM will help.

yeah 1 topic, right ;-)

9 (edited by ariapictures 2006-02-27 16:02)

PM = Personal Message.

And, sorry, I am used to other software I used to use that you could message someone on the boards and when they log in, they get the message, and only them. PunBB, does not have this feature. But if they have chat names entered you might send it that way, if it is that private of a message that you want no one else to see; email also works.

But I now understand, or think I do, what you want. You want to have a discussion with one person on on topic on the board... I would just email them.

:-) you didn't catch it totally... I want to have a private discussion with several choosen person on a topic

darrepac wrote:

:-) you didn't catch it totally... I want to have a private discussion with several choosen person on a topic

now that makes a bit more sense. i'm not aware of a mod for this yet. maybe once 1.3 comes out.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

darrepac, sorry about the misunderstanding.. Yes, that is different... But one would think it is doable..

Vanilla has a super cool feature where you can "whisper" a post, or a reply to a specific user.

No one can see the post, topic, or reply except for the addressed recipients, and the main admin.

very cool feature.

What "Vanilla" is? where I could see this "Vanilla"?

http://getvanilla.com/

oh, in fact it is simply not punBB!

No, it's not. Not even close.

Vanilla is a beast, and lacks almost all of the virtues that make punbb so great (light, fast, clear, easy, superb community, superb support)

Yet, the idea of a mod allowing invisible whispering between users is very appealing...

18 (edited by river_jetties 2006-03-04 00:18)

yeah, i think its a mod or nothing