1 (edited by CodeXP 2006-03-05 01:03)

Topic: TASARINAN - Testing out my new PunBB style...feedback?

I just created a new theme for my website again, so here's a new showoff topic smile

This one took me some time to get to the point it is now, and while there are still some work left on the style (cleaning up the CSS some more..), I think it's ready to be used.. It wasn't easy making most of the boxes rounded (especially these elements), but I think the end result was worth it...

Since my last showoff topic, I've also integrated the lightbox JS among various other tweaks (see this topic for an example)..

So, for those of you that would like to take a look, here's the link: TASARINAN.COM

Feedback is always appreciated smile

EDIT: Here's a test account:

Name: PunTest
Pass: Testing123

EDIT2: Fixed more IE bugs tongue

Re: TASARINAN - Testing out my new PunBB style...feedback?

We're heading in the same direction, taking different paths.

As you have, so have I, come to the realization that all web presences surround feedback.

Only a forum can do a conversation justice, the logical central building block of a site.

Everything else becomes a means to elicit a discussion, a welcome, a hey see what I got.

Maybe one day we can meet along the road wink

hcgtv wrote:

We're heading in the same direction, taking different paths.

As you have, so have I, come to the realization that all web presences surround feedback.

Only a forum can do a conversation justice, the logical central building block of a site.

Everything else becomes a means to elicit a discussion, a welcome, a hey see what I got.

Maybe one day we can meet along the road wink

You're confusing me a little here lol

If you are into rounded corners, heres a roundup of the latest techniques
http://www.smileycat.com/miaow/archives/000044.html

Paul wrote:

If you are into rounded corners, heres a roundup of the latest techniques
http://www.smileycat.com/miaow/archives/000044.html

For the most part I think regular rectangular borders works fine, it's just that I wanted them for this particular theme, but thanks for the link... Might have to read up on it smile

The hard part about it this time, was mostly that the markup is already pre-made, so there are only a set number of elements to style. I did add a couple of divs to the .tpl, and a few other tweaks, but other then that, it went ok.

By the way, when working on 1.3, wouldn't it be a good idea to be very consistant with the use of tags? What I mean is, it kinda surprised me that while for the most part, all H2 elements contained a SPAN tag, there are exceptions troughout the code. This made it a little more difficult to just use CSS to achieve the look I was going for..

very nicely done as always CodeXP.

side note: would you consider converting and releasing your downloads "mod" when 1.3 is released?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

7 (edited by CodeXP 2006-03-05 19:02)

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

very nicely done as always CodeXP.

side note: would you consider converting and releasing your downloads "mod" when 1.3 is released?

Thanks smile

It's actually not my mod, it was Mediator who created it. Unfortunately, I he only ever released a v1.0 version, with a *lot* of bugs. I've fixed many of them, and changed things a bit, but not all bugs are fixed (the ones remaining is mainly related to the creation of download forums, though it's possible to work around it).

You can find Mediator's original mod here: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9076

If I can get all the bugs fixed, I will post the changed files here smile

Question and comment...

Comment: The "Forum » News" link works fine at the top but at the bottom of the news page it goes to fora.php which is 404.

Question: Is the news.php page a script you wrote yourself or a mod available around here?

Thanks!
Andrew

andrewteg wrote:

Question and comment...

Comment: The "Forum » News" link works fine at the top but at the bottom of the news page it goes to fora.php which is 404.

Question: Is the news.php page a script you wrote yourself or a mod available around here?

Thanks!
Andrew

Thanks for reporting, I forgot to change it when uploading smile

The news.php page is a script I wrote myself, and currently, it's not released anywhere. It's part of a little project I'm working on, and as such, not complete yet. Still, if you'd like to take a look, I could always upload a copy when I get home from work...

That's ok... the news generator from the miniportal project on the punres wiki is sufficient for what I'm working on ... I added the miniportal news generator functionality to Gizzmo's Custom Pages module and updated the admin interface so you can optionally select a forum when you create a custom page and that seems to be a hit with the non-techie users ... kinda makes a "blog with some intro text" look.

It's all a good excerise in getting into PunBB and the mods a little bit since I'm still new to the site right now smile