Topic: Dissallowing Registration from Specific Domains

I have a website that has around 14,000+ members with a very active forum board, but I would like to dissallow people registering with e-mail addresses that are free. Ie: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc, etc.

Lots of people have been getting banned, but making hotmail accounts and then activating them, but maybe if someone has a plugin that lets us pick what domains are blacklisted from here on out.

I would not like to ban all of our existing users that have free email accounts, but not allow them from here on out. If anyone can whip something up, that would be great. smile

Re: Dissallowing Registration from Specific Domains

This would have to be a mod not a plugin.

psshaw connor wink

Can't you just ban those domains? Go to admin/bans and add a new ban. Then enter e.g. hotmail.com in the field "E-mail/domain".

Edit: Don't forget to go to admin/permissions and set "Allow banned e-mail addresses" to no.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Can't you just ban those domains? Go to admin/bans and add a new ban. Then enter e.g. hotmail.com in the field "E-mail/domain".

Edit: Don't forget to go to admin/permissions and set "Allow banned e-mail addresses" to no.

wouldn't that ban all of the existing users that have signed up under a hotmail account in the past?

No, it only prevents users from signing up with hotmail accounts. It won't affect those who have already registered.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."