1 (edited by freddykgb 2006-03-09 05:23)

Topic: [SOLVED] My avatar truncated.. in IE only

This strange behavior happen only in explorer!  Seems to appears when posting short messages.
See an example of this (please open my page in IE to see the bug)
Look at the avatar from the second and third post more precisely.

> http://pcfred.teddypokerdeals.com/tpd/f … c.php?id=7

EDIT :PROBLEM SOLVED. 
It was a conflict on a 'hr' class in my own css.  I placed a link to my own css to get proper formatting of my header and footer.  The 'hr' class in my own css code entered in conflict with the forum horizontal rules. I solved the problem using a hr.classXYZ declaration.  Still I used 'a _margin: -7' declaration to correct IE hr misplacement.

Thanks you all for trying to help!  Especially to Ree 

A new poker community is rising : see for yourselft at unbluffed.com

Re: [SOLVED] My avatar truncated.. in IE only

The page you linked to does not load. Firefox says "The server at pcfred.teddypokerdeals.com is taking too long to respond.". If the server is slow, that's probably the reason your avatars aren't loading properly. Either way, it's not a PunBB problem. Talk to your host.

Topic moved.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by freddykgb 2006-03-08 19:17)

Oups...  sorry the host was down for the night. Can you load it again?
This is not a host problem. I hate to say that, but it is definitely a punBB problem! sad

Loads fine for me...

Yeah me too!
Except for the avatar truncated.  sad
Load the page in Internet Explorer (not firefox neither opera) and look at the second and third reply in the topic.

I see... can't really be a PunBB problem tho.

7 (edited by freddykgb 2006-03-08 19:36)

elbekko wrote:

I see... can't really be a PunBB problem tho.

HUm..  why ? It happens in the punBB forum.  My avatar had been changed.  Happen with all type of file. All type of size.
Anyway, it's not about pointing punBB to be defective.  I'm a just looking for help...  :?

Well, as PunBB doesn't generate your avatar but just puts it on the page with an img tag, I suppose it must be a) something in your style or b) IE

9 (edited by freddykgb 2006-03-08 20:37)

It's nothing about the CSS style file.  I've tried going back from my modified style to the default one. I Still have the same bug.
Yes it can be see as an IE bug.  But with more than 65% people using IE, i would be a fool to ignore it!

Anyone know how I can prevent my avatar to truncate in IE?

It's related to your signature. Are you sure you havn't edited anything in base.css?

i don't think so..   but to make sure I reinstated the original base.css
no change!  this bug is driving me crazy

12 (edited by Ree 2006-03-09 03:14)

The image files are fine and are only disrupted in IE.  That means it's an IE problem, not a PunBB problem.  I suspect there's a conflict between the PunBB CSS and your own CSS, both of which are loaded by the board.  I've had a similar problem outside of PunBB -- IE seems to have a CSS bug involving display:block on certain elements, but I haven't run down its exact cause yet.

EDIT:  The bug has to be in your "style.css"; when I replicate the page on my hard drive and remove only the line calling that stylesheet, the problem disappears.

I've figured this just before your post! Thanks though. smile I am trying to figure what is wrong in my own site css. Not easy!

Problem solved.  It was a conflict on a 'hr' class in my own css.  I solved the problem using a hr.classXYZ declaration.  Still I used 'a _margin: -7' declaration to correct IE hr misplacement.

Thanks you all for trying to help!  Especially to Ree