1 (edited by TFD 2006-03-08 05:31)

Topic: Make a title specific to the style?

OK so I  am making 120 styles for all the divison 1A college football teams. How can I set a team name in the header that changes with the style?

and make the font one size bigger than the links, bold, and colored the same as the links?

the default right now is 'Southern California - Trojans' colors and Id like to add that name above or below the banner
http://www.d1acollegefootball.com/Forums/index.php

THANKS!!

Re: Make a title specific to the style?

Where is codeXP? sad

TFD wrote:

OK so I  am making 120 styles for all the divison 1A college football teams. How can I set a team name in the header that changes with the style?

You'd have to have your styles the same name as the teams. Then use $pun_user['style'] to output the style/team name in the header.

You might want to actually get some members before making 120 styles...

Or you could use images. Just set a background image somewhere in the stylesheet.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Elzar wrote:
TFD wrote:

You'd have to have your styles the same name as the teams. Then use $pun_user['style'] to output the style/team name in the header.

You might want to actually get some members before making 120 styles...

HAHA yeah normally that would be a huge risk but Ive been talking to guys on a really big corporate site for years and I figure I would start off with around 100 posters.

Name the style sheets after the team? Do the style sheets allow spaces in the names? ie. Oklahoma Soooners

6 (edited by TFD 2006-03-08 21:55)

Rickard wrote:

Or you could use images. Just set a background image somewhere in the stylesheet.

Rickard - I thought about background images but they arent cached in IE so that would add a lot to my bandwidth I think. Another guy started a similar site and using just a basic forum is already having bandwidth issues. Mine wont have AV or Sigs to keep the size down.

wonder what the avg size of a post is in kbs?

TFD wrote:

Puns CSS pages are very small, shouldn't have to worry about bandwidth.

8 (edited by TFD 2006-03-10 00:19)

Elzar wrote:
TFD wrote:

Puns CSS pages are very small, shouldn't have to worry about bandwidth.

hmm Ok I 'll try it. So what would the code be to have each style sheet center and set a background img ABOVE the banner that is called from the main.tpl?

TIA