Topic: Placing a small gallery at the top of a forum?

I run a graphics forum and I would like to have a small "features" gallery at the top of the forum if possible, like:

http://www.military-meshes.com/forums/index.php?

If you click one of the images it takes you to the relevant forum thread. Is it possible to do this with PunBB, and if so, would it break the upgrade system at all? (I'm a wimp, I admit it)

Thanks!

Re: Placing a small gallery at the top of a forum?

ciamos,

CodeXP has done a fantastic job at his board: http://www.tasarinan.com/

Wow, that's pretty slick. I wouldn't need the full gallery function, just the ability to update the header with graphics that link to a new thread every so often. If there is a simple, "proper" way to do this, I'd love to know about it.

Can you not do it via the annoucement box?

Sounds cool, keep talking! smile

6 (edited by ciamos 2006-03-09 00:14)

OK, I looked and realized the announcement box allows HTML. Very cool. Now, the problem is:

1) Says "announcements" at the top...how can I change that to "Highlights"?

2) The announcements box spreads 100% across the window, but I'll probably using a maximum of 500 pixels. Is there a way to fit the box to the images and center it?

Thanks!

Edit: 500, not 100 pixels smile

1) Look for announcements in lang/English/common.php (that should be the file I think) and change it to what you want.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

ciamos wrote:

OK, I looked and realized the announcement box allows HTML. Very cool. Now, the problem is:

1) Says "announcements" at the top...how can I change that to "Highlights"?

2) The announcements box spreads 100% across the window, but I'll probably using a maximum of 500 pixels. Is there a way to fit the box to the images and center it?

Thanks!

Edit: 500, not 100 pixels smile

1: See the post above.

2: Sure, the announcements box have an id, so just use the stylesheet to set to however you want (div#announce).

Thank you for your help, I will try that out!