1 (edited by hnstmn 2006-03-11 11:16)

Topic: Send New Message to Mailing List Not Working.

Hi, 

I just started having this problem in the admin of the "Send New Messages to Mailing List" function not working anymore. I use to receive an email to my outside email account when someone new had registered. Now, I do not receive an email anymore?? Seems that function no longer works?

I also found out that I am not receiving any email alert if someone posts a new message in the forum.  I use too, but not anymore.

Would they're be a problem in my index.php/header.php/footer.php files? Or my Database?? Or was this a hack by someone?

Has anyone else had this same problem in the past? If so, where do I look and how do I correct this?? Anyone's help and advise would be most appreciated....

Thanks

Re: Send New Message to Mailing List Not Working.

I think I found the problem. It has seem recently that Yahoo has been making some changes on there end to the clients side e-mail accounts by trying in cutting down on spamming to its members that I understand. So since I use a Yahoo e-mail address to receive my incoming new registrations & new message posts, I no longer receive them thru yahoo anymore. Cause I changed my email address in the admin side of my forum, and behold, I started receiving my messages again! Guess yahoo figured if they seen alot of emails coming from one particular domain, they will stop incoming mail from that domain all together.

Guess Yahoo's up to there tricks again....:/

Sounds weird on yahoo's end, are they not even in your spam box?

I found no messages in the spam/bulk box. Guess they caught on the high volumn of messages I was being receive to my yahoo acount from the forum.

Oh well, I just changed my email address to another one and it's ok now..

Thanks!

Ahhhh.... I know whats going on, seems I am getting somekind of "Delayed Reaction" e-mail for some reason. When someone signs up, I get that alert mail 2 days later in my email account on Yahoo. Must be Yahoo's end I guess... Strange....

i dunno?

Try adding the email mod's "from" address to your Yahoo address book.  Yahoo claims to always deliver mail from senders in your address book and not mark them as spam.  I'm afraid it doesn't help the two-day delay, though.

Ree wrote:

Try adding the email mod's "from" address to your Yahoo address book.  Yahoo claims to always deliver mail from senders in your address book and not mark them as spam.  I'm afraid it doesn't help the two-day delay, though.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try! Anything is a help!

Cheers...:)

8 (edited by hnstmn 2006-03-18 11:09)

Ree wrote:

Hi Ree, just wanted to let you know that the idea of the yahoo email address believe it or not thing did help! I get my emails now ontime!

Thanks again!

Cheers