Topic: Hide user list

It'd be a nice feature to hide the userlist from anyone not a guest or anyone with less than 25posts.

Also you'd have to hide any email/instant messaging links in posts also

As it is now, any bot or person can just harvest up email addresses, instant message names and such.

I think this would be a good feature smile

Re: Hide user list

email are already hiden when you are not connected.
But messenger's info, in the profile, are not... This could a good feature, yes.

s0me0ne wrote:

It'd be a nice feature to hide the userlist from anyone not a guest or anyone with less than 25posts.

How about 26 posts?

You can hide the userlist by making a small change in functions.php, and you can 'unlink' profiles in viewtopic with another small edit.

4 (edited by s0me0ne 2006-03-12 14:07)

Elzar wrote:

How about 26 posts?

yeh maybe if that number was configurable. I just want to hide the Instant Messenger info from anyone but a guest, although if you could require a post count number that would prevent some lamer from signing up so he can get the list of email addresses and such.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe the userlist access mod might help you hide the user list from guests.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

You could make it simply that users having less than 25 posts can't see the userlist, becuase by no means should the guest account have 25 posts. wink

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?