Topic: Password Protected Area?

I'm thinking very seriously about going with PunBB as my forum of choice for my first site with a forum.  Everyone's telling me go with V Bulletin, but PunBB on the outside looking in looks just as good and it's free...so that's nice. 

Anyway, one thing I need to be able to have is some sort of password protected area/forum for a group of people.  I will have the forum set up for everyone to post in all the different areas, but a specified area for a certain number of specific people which no one else will be able to access. 

Is there a way to do this with PunBB?  Or how would you go about doing this another way if the method I'm looking for wont work?

Thanks

Re: Password Protected Area?

You have two options:

a) Place users in different groups and set forum permissions accordingly (ex: you could make a group named "Monkeys" that may neither read nor write in a specific forum, and a group named "Talking Heads" that may read but not write in that forum, etc)

b) There is a password protected forums mod on Punres somewhere, which I guess is for people who don't want to bother with user groups, although I'm not exactly sure

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Re: Password Protected Area?

Cool thanks for the reply.  At least I know something like that is possible, that's really all that I was looking for right now.