1 (edited by foxmask 2006-03-29 07:56)

Topic: punBB MySQL5 Compliant ?

Hi,

i would answer yes

recently an ISP migrated its mysql servers from 4 to 5 and now ; many of the forum software ( phpBB/IPB ) used by their "customers" do not work anymore because of the following error

"SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'g.group_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT ug.user_id, g.group_id as g_id, u.user_posts, g.group_count, g.group_count_max FROM phpbb_groups g, phpbb_users u LEFT JOIN phpbb_user_group ug ON g.group_id=ug.group_id AND ug.user_id=3 WHERE u.user_id=3 AND g.group_single_user=0 AND g.group_count_enable=1 AND g.group_moderator<>3

Line : 550
File : functions_post.php"

to fix this by hand they just have to add ( and ) arround the tables in the FROM. this is SQL 2003 compliant, like MySQL justify its changes wink

So when i saw all this problem i made a grep on punBB but found nothing special about FROM a,b .... LEFT JOIN .... ON. That's why i would answer yes to my question.
Anyone can confirm ?

regards.

Re: punBB MySQL5 Compliant ?

I have a feeling that's not a default MySQL 5 setup (or even just one with strict enabled), because the only issues I've seen phpBB have with MySQL 5 were small (ie: I think the install script didn't work because of an incorrect default value). What mode are they running it in? :-/
I'd test and see, but PunBB should work fine. If it doesn't, I'm sure the amount it takes to change it is small

I run a test environment with:
Apache 2.0.55
MySQL 5.0.18
PHP 5.1.2

PunBB 1.2.11 is running great.

nice !