Topic: changing version number

This is not a real big deal, but...

I updated to 1.2.11 by manually editing the two files provided by Rickard, and everything works great. (No surprise there, eh?) My version number down in the bottom of the page is still 1.2.10. Anybody know which php file I can change that in?

gDane

Re: changing version number

../cache/cache_config.php

You need to download the 12_to_1211_update.php file, which bumps up the version.

or you can change it with the version changer plugin available on the download page http://punbb.org/downloads.php
I think the version number is in the db. So, don't look for it in the php code.

Ludo,

5 (edited by dane 2006-04-09 17:22)

Ludo --

Rickard's plugin worked fine. The reason I didn't download the whole updated package and install, is that I've done extensive mods to the interface (reworking modules so they're standards compliant and validate in strict XHTML), and I didn't know if running the update.php would kick everything back to the defaults.

As you've probably guessed from my questions, I know just enough PHP to be dangerous. I teach XHTML and CSS in college courses, but PHP is still a few miles down the road for me. I'm presently trying to piece together a script for webwired.org that will take the payer's email and payment status from the PayPal IBN module, insert it into a database, then reference it prior to validating the new user's registration form. The sticky part (for me, anyway) is merging something like that with my present authorization scripts.

It's all mind-numbing after a while.

Thanks to Ludo, Elzar, snapsolutions for the replies. Very helpful.

gDane

If you're patching manually, easiest way to update version number display is to edit the o_cur_version field in the config table.  Don't really need a plugin.

LQ

Lou Quillio wrote:

If you're patching manually, easiest way to update version number display is to edit the o_cur_version field in the config table.  Don't really need a plugin.

LQ

You also then need to delete your config_cache.php file

Smartys wrote:

You also then need to delete your config_cache.php file

Quite right.

LQ