Topic: PunRes Announces: PunBB Boards Stats!

From PunRes.org

Today is the day of the release for the totally unannounced and unexpected new feature here at PunRes. It's called PunBB Boards Stats and it is nothing short of a revolution

Yes! Revolution is the word, or maybe not quite, but still..

Anyway, did you ever hear of PunBBig? There's been a link to it on the PunRes startpage for quite a while now. PunBBig was a service that kept track of the largest PunBB boards around. However, it's been pretty dead lately. It seems the owner of it, Chacmool, lost interest in keeping it running.

So what is this PunBB Boards Stats thingy?

Well, take PunBBig, integrate it with PunRes' user database, add some new functionality and make it completely automated, then you'll have PunBB Boards Stats, or atleast the concept of it. It doesn't in any way build upon the code of PunBBig.

From stats.punres.org:

This tool is made to keep track of the largest of PunBB forums out there. It's also useful to get a general idea of how widespread PunBB is. You can also easily to keep track of your own boards since the boards are connected to your PunRes user account. Compare growth rate and other interesting data from your PunBB forum with others. The data is automatically updated every day and signing up your board only takes a few minutes, it's a completely automated process!

This feature is new, and in true PunRes spirit, probably wasn't tested enough before release. I've spent the last few days testing it, but there is always the chance of some last minute changes screwing thing up. Note that not all possible and stored stats are displayed. I want to make sure the core works perfectly before I add more statistics. If there are some kind of statistics you would want the system to keep track of, don't hesitate to ask for it.

What are you waiting for? Head over to stats.punres.org and register your board now!

2 (edited by Frank H 2006-04-26 19:24)

Re: PunRes Announces: PunBB Boards Stats!

Nice smile

Regged one of my small forums smile

A language flag might be of interest, as my board is in Swedish, so people not speaking Swedish will have a hard time to understand. wink

1 bugreport though wink  (as usual when I test something big_smile)
on the info page, the url to the board has the url to your site before the actual url, (i.e. the url is http://stats.punres.org/http%3A%2F%2Ffo … .ath.cx%2F )
Edit: seems to be fixed now, nice smile

Awesome! I'll add mine once I complete all the improvements I'm hoping to make.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Added one of my forums, thanks for doing this Jansson.

I'll add mine, good work.

Hmm... how come the largest & fastest growing boards listings each have the same forum listed three times?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

Hmm... how come the largest & fastest growing boards listings each have the same forum listed three times?

The bit in bold is what they are winning on, its just a coincidence the same one happens to win on all 3.

Reines wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:

The bit in bold is what they are winning on, its just a coincidence the same one happens to win on all 3.

Ohhh.... silly me. big_smile

Thanks.

Frank H wrote:

A language flag might be of interest, as my board is in Swedish, so people not speaking Swedish will have a hard time to understand. wink

As long as your default language is english it won't be detected though.