1 (edited by downliner 2006-05-02 15:48)

Topic: On A Fresh Install Of Punbb... (base.css)

Hi,

How many columns are there on a fresh install of a Punbb forum? I count 5:

1. Post Icon
2. Forum
3. Topics
4. Posts
5. Last Post by

But my question is: Are column 1 and 2 actually the same column? Im having trouble finding which part of base.css to edit to make the first column (post icon) slightly larger. I'd also like to change the background colour of just the first two (post icon & forum) columns if possible?

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Will

Re: On A Fresh Install Of Punbb... (base.css)

yourstyle.css

/****************************************************************/
/* 10. POST STATUS INDICATORS */
/****************************************************************/

/* 10.1 These are the post status indicators which appear at the left of some tables. 
.inew = new posts, .iredirect = redirect forums, .iclosed = closed topics and
.isticky = sticky topics. By default only .inew is different from the default.*/

DIV.icon {
    FLOAT: left;
    MARGIN-TOP: 0.1em;
    MARGIN-LEFT: 0.2em;
    DISPLAY: block;
    BORDER-WIDTH: 0.6em 0.6em 0.6em 0.6em;
    BORDER-STYLE: solid
}

DIV.searchposts DIV.icon {MARGIN-LEFT: 0}

/* 10.2 Class .tclcon is a div inside the first column of tables with post indicators. The
margin creates space for the post status indicator */

TD DIV.tclcon {MARGIN-LEFT: 2.3em}

downliner wrote:

But my question is: Are column 1 and 2 actually the same column? Im having trouble finding which part of base.css to edit to make the first column (post icon) slightly larger.

Yes.

It's not in base.css. You just need to make the left margin between the icon and the text bigger.

TD DIV.tclcon {MARGIN-LEFT: 2.3em}
downliner wrote:

I'd also like to change the background colour of just the first two (post icon & forum) columns if possible?

They have a class of .tcl, so use that.

There are four columns. The icon is in the forum column. The trick with doing any styling is to hit view source on the page before you look at the stylesheets or the php files. If you do that everything should become obvious.