Re: Nucleus to PunBB integration

Rod wrote:

In the same idea ... how to use the parser of Pun inside Nucleus ?

I guess you mean to display forum posts within Nucleus?

hcgtv wrote:
Rod wrote:

In the same idea ... how to use the parser of Pun inside Nucleus ?

I guess you mean to display forum posts within Nucleus?

Yes, but to put all bbcode inside nucleus (in particular my video BBcode)

Rod wrote:

Yes, but to put all bbcode inside nucleus (in particular my video BBcode)

Is this BBCode for entering posts?

Maybe this: http://wakka.xiffy.nl/female

Now that I have this integration working great, I have a question.

When the users were commenting on my blog, they were guests. All the comments went over as forum posts using the Guest account. Some of these users have since signed up on the fourm and I'd like to credit their previous comments to them.

I tried changing the poster_id in the posts table but the stats don't update, like # of posts for that particular user. I looked through Punres.org but saw no mods or plugins that can help me, does anyone have a script that can read through the posts table and update the user's stats?

Thanks.

I'm very impatient to see evolution of your integration, I "play" with Nucleus, it's incredible ...

Lookie what I find:

In Nucleus, you can post stories into the future. The NP_PunBB plugin will use the date you enter and add the topic to the forum as a future date, in essence the topic is always new until the date is reached.

But now I find that until the date or time is reached, you can't make any replies at the forum, you get an error:

Post errors

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

* At least 0 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.

Interesting, but hey Pun was never meant for future postings.

It would be nice to see an extra option to choose which punBB forum id to post the Nucleus article to, under the post screen, instead of all the posts going to the same forum.

I'll have a look at the plugin code...

See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too. -- Linus Torvalds

Hal wrote:

It would be nice to see an extra option to choose which punBB forum id to post the Nucleus article to, under the post screen, instead of all the posts going to the same forum.

There is the option of matching Nucleus categories to PunBB forums.

Go into your Blog settings, at the admin home page, click settings next to the blog name. Go down the page and click edit next to a category, enter the forum ID to which you want that categgory to be fed. If the category is '0' it will use the default in the plugin options screen.

I had a feeling is was missing something. Hey, thanks hcgtv! smile

The plugin is now even better. smile

See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too. -- Linus Torvalds

Hal wrote:

The plugin is now even better. smile

There was once an ad slogan that read: "An informed consumer is our best customer"

Let us know when the site is up, glad I could help.

I'm really liking how the site is turning out now. It should be up around September time.

hi. I've two questions about his plugin:
1- which segments of plugin code should I modified so that it only sends information about members, not posts and comments?

2- is it possible that people login first in punbb and then the plugin sends the information to nucleus? I need this because in punbb email addresses are unigue that means everyone can use only one email, but in nucleus several people can register with only one email address.

Thanks in advance for your help

erinther,

1. Grab version 1.2.1 of the plugin, it only brings over all the users from the options screen, you could use it to compare against 1.3. Version 1.2.1 of the plugin should work just fine with Nucleus 3.22 and PunBB 1.2.11 if you decide to use it.

http://nupusi.net/downloads/index.php?p … 2Fnucleus/

2. Not possible now, it goes from Nucleus to PunBB at the moment.

Hope that helps.

should I faal on my knes and beg someone to hack np_punbb plugin so that  users first register and login in punbb? as it works in NP_phpbb. The truth is that I love punbb and don't want to switch to phpbb. on the other hand the situation needs that people first login in the forum. Please do something..please!!!

erinther,

Maybe when PunBB 1.3 is released, it will be easier to hack up an extension to do what you desire.

If you want users to sign up at the forum, what's the need for them to sign up on the front end CMS?

On hcgtv, the forum handles all my commenting, users sign up there.

The NP_PunBB plugin has a new home:
http://nucleus-plugins.org/dev/browser/punbb/trunk

Thanks to Roel for setting up Trac.

I've been using for PunBB with a Nucleus blog here for quite a while, and am really pleased with the results.

However, there is one thing that would make life a whole bunch better....

We sometimes edit posts for misspellings or typos, or sometimes add updates to post.

That process requires that we post the update in Nucleus AND go into PunBB to post the update.

It SURE would be great if there were some plugin option available in the Nucleus editing screen to feed any changes back into the PunBB forum post....

Hi PubliusTX,

Most of the time, I make a post and it stays that way forever. The few times I hit enter and I see a spelling error or something, then yes I have to edit it in two places. But I've gotten used to it and it's a rather easy process for me at this point.

I hear you though, it would be nice to have an option to update the forum topic when a Nucleus post is changed. When Nucleus 3.3 comes out, with a revamped Database layer based on PunBB's abstraction, it will be a lot easier to enhance this bridge.

i started playing with the frontpage_punbb then decided to make my own cms sorta. i took it to the next level and took a css template and modified punbb to be the back engine of the site controlling everything from membership to forum and members pages.
first attempt was
http://ibt-media.com
then as i learned more about the punbb system i got it to a clean looking css template.
http://bunpai.com
with the easy of changing the index.php and the main.tpl to change the template
right now i got 4 things that have to be installed with the db.
soon im going to work on a simple one install function for my monster that i created.
i can do any psd template but it is a pain. so that is why i like css templates im not big on images loading...
tell me what ya think.

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

hcgtv wrote:

The few times I hit enter and I see a spelling error or something, then yes I have to edit it in two places. But I've gotten used to it and it's a rather easy process for me at this point.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

When posts get an update that includes html, though, it becomes even more fun to update the linked punbb post.

It's just a minor little quibble, to be sure. But man, I would LOVE to have some way for an edited post to feed right back into punbb the same way a new post does!

Hi, everyone.

I just installed de 3.31 version of nucleus and all is working correctly, but when posting a new item on the blog, we have to modify the forum entry to change the URL to the new entry, 'cause it writes another direction, I don't know what I have to change, to make the plugin works correctly.

Thanks a lot.

Jolupa give us the generated link and the right one to compare. smile

Benoît V.
My Board

The good url direction is:
http://www.lagrann.es/?itemid=XXXX

The url generated by the Punbb plugin on Nucleus is:
http:///nucleus/index.php/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2867

I don't know what I have to change in the plugin to clear this problem

Thanks.

Just to upload this thread, 'cause the problem is still alive with the new version of NucleusCMS.

The good url direction is:
http://www.lagrann.es/?itemid=XXXX

The url generated by the Punbb plugin on Nucleus is:
http:///nucleus/index.php/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2867

I don't know what I have to change in the plugin to clear this problem

Thanks.