Topic: Nintendo Wii

"Introducing... Wii.

As in "we."

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything."

http://revolution.nintendo.com/

What do you think about it? smile

Re: Nintendo Wii

Excellent concept, not as tacky as "revolution" and marketing-wise very flexible and adaptable to different focus and target groups.

I think I'm gonna get me one. wink

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

I dig it. I like that there is no need to abbreviate the name. Kind of cool. I can't wait.

I can't wait for the console, but that name is probably the worst name I've heard for a console, since the terrible "Wonder Swan." Oh well, gotta go wii, so I'll stop here.

I can heard a little kid say to his mom "I'm gonna play with my wiiwii" ^^

Why would the kid buy two consoles?

It's an awful name. Why do Nintendo have to go and saddle a potentially great console with a terrible, terrible name?

They said something about that we will understand the name better after E3. They've said they still have one big secret to reveal.

Jansson wrote:

They said something about that we will understand the name better after E3. They've said they still have one big secret to reveal.

Well, for their sakes, it better be a pretty big secret.

Maybe it will be as successful as Microsoft Mii? smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

If it is as neat as it sounds, the name does not matter to me. hehe ^_^

12 (edited by Jansson 2006-05-09 17:45)

After just have seen the Nintendo's pre-E3 conference live, I can only say one thing:

Playing = Believing

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie big_smile

Yes, I agree. I was extremely underwhelmed by Sonys presentation. Microsofts was ok, but I'm definately most exited about Nintento. The new Zelda looks awesome smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

14 (edited by Bassguy 2006-05-10 11:08)

Here is a list of announced games for the Wii:
Metroid Prime 3,
Dragon Quest Swords,
Disaster: Day of Crisis,
Fire Emblem,
Sponge Bob Square Pants,
Cars,
Super Mario Galaxy,
SD Gundamn G Breaker,
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam,