1 (edited by phreadom 2006-05-14 03:35)

Topic: The Phreadom Phorum

It's a little rough around the edges, but I'm still working on it. smile

http://phorum.phreadom.net/

(image links to full size version)

http://largo.phreadom.net/phreadom-phorum-sm.png

Re: The Phreadom Phorum

A very nice job. Consistent well applied colours, fonts and style elements, and a nice fast board. I even like your favicon too.

Dark colour themed boards usually don't work well (for me), but this one does.

HOWEVER it wasn't a good idea though to stick a big 220k, 700x1100 pixel PNG image though in your posting here on punBB... a smaller image would have done the job, if you needed to post an image at all.

And BTW: why does no-one apparently know anymore how to do image compression? That 220k image you posted took me just 1 second to knock down to a 50k GIF or a 52k PNG, with no visible decline in quality. Why waste valuable electrons and bandwidth smile

Wow.  Nice forum!  If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to set that up?

sirena wrote:

A very nice job. Consistent well applied colours, fonts and style elements, and a nice fast board. I even like your favicon too.

Dark colour themed boards usually don't work well (for me), but this one does.

HOWEVER it wasn't a good idea though to stick a big 220k, 700x1100 pixel PNG image though in your posting here on punBB... a smaller image would have done the job, if you needed to post an image at all.

And BTW: why does no-one apparently know anymore how to do image compression? That 220k image you posted took me just 1 second to knock down to a 50k GIF or a 52k PNG, with no visible decline in quality. Why waste valuable electrons and bandwidth smile

Thanks for the critique sirena. smile I'll see what I can do. wink

deronsizemore wrote:

Wow.  Nice forum!  If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to set that up?

I'm still working on a few tweaks, but I'd say it took a few days. One night to get it mostly up... several more days of tweaking to get things closer to just where I wanted them.

I'm still working on a few things like moving the moderator listings from the front page to the top of the actual topic page. I want to keep the front page clean and simple.

I'm also having a few CSS issues with extra pixel spacing around my spacers. In general my code was a bit hackish and not separated out like it should have been for the CSS, and I hacked some of the main php files a bit rather than trying to force everything into CSS, so it doesn't really work as a theme per se.

But I can always worry about that later. My main point was just to get it up and running. smile

Thanks for the good words! big_smile

impressive!

~James
FluxBB - Less is more