1 (edited by deronsizemore 2006-05-16 18:46)

Topic: I guess I'm just not getting it

I guess with me being new to punbb and the mass number of files installed, I'm a little overwhelmed with customizing everything. 

My punbb site is http://www.oxtalk.com

As you can see I've tried to add my own logo at the top by placing the image as the background of the "brdtitle" div.  Well obviously that didn't work out so well because the other title and description is still there.  So I think, just take those out of the "main.tpl", and problem solved.  Wel I deleted the html from the main template and it jacked the whole layout up big time.

Is their a link somewhere that can maybe explain what is in each file and how it applies to the site?  Right now I feel like the blind leading the blind with this.  I'm just deleting stuff out of each file, uploading it, seeing what changed, and then undoing everything if it didn't do what I wanted.  I've been messing around with this header image now for what seems like days when it something that should really take 5 mintues.

Thanks

Re: I guess I'm just not getting it

What you have to remember is that if you are using a background image then the container has to be big enough to hold the image otherwise it just crops it. In your case the easiest thing to do would be

#punwrap #brdtitle {
  background etc; (to insert in the image)
  height: whatever the image is;
  width: whatever the image is;
  padding: 0;
  }

#punwrap #brdtitle h1, #punwrap #brdtitle p {
  display: none;
  }

3 (edited by deronsizemore 2006-05-16 23:14)

Re: I guess I'm just not getting it

Ah, thank you Paul.  I don't know where I'd be without you on this!  Probably not using punbb.  smile