Re: Private Message mod v1.2.2

Ok lots of things

Email notification will be added on the next version (as will the preview hack)
There are new messages does appear if you follow all the instructions
Sent items counts as saved messages along with the inbox, which might be why people get a full inbox so quickly, just increase the limit in the admin plugin (i will increase this by default in the next version i think)

Connorhd wrote:

Sent items counts as saved messages along with the inbox, which might be why people get a full inbox so quickly, just increase the limit in the admin plugin (i will increase this by default in the next version i think)

ok, thanks, i'll get users to check that they don't have lots of sent items.

Theres actually no problem with users having lots of PMs really, if i were you i'd change the limit to 50 or 100 smile

i had set it to 30, but i'll bump it up higher. yeah, it can't take up that much database space!

130 (edited by adjust 2006-05-25 17:55)

Need some help here.

File: ......................./Forum/install_mod.php
Line: 62

PunBB reported: Unable to create table forum_messages.

Database reported: Invalid default value for 'owner' (Errno: 1067)

What can I do to fix this?

you don't have permission to write to the db i'm guessing?

lament wrote:

you don't have permission to write to the db i'm guessing?

Any ide what I can do to be able to write to the db?

Bug: message_list.php uses $lang_common['Login required'], which doesn't exist.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

how to make pop up window when user recieve pm?

In header_new_messages.php

Find :

$tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t\t".'<li class="pmlink"><strong><a href="message_list.php">'.$lang_pms['New messages'].'</a></strong></li>';

Add after :

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
               window.open("message_popup.php","NewPM","width=500,height=250,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes"); 
 </script>';

n3Twork - doesn't work ;/

Try this instead - change:

$tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t\t".'<li class="pmlink"><strong><a href="message_list.php">'.$lang_pms['New messages'].'</a></strong></li>';

to:

$tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t\t".'<li class="pmlink"><strong><a href="message_list.php">'.$lang_pms['New messages'].'</a></strong></li><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">window.open("message_popup.php","NewPM","width=500,height=250,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes");</script>';

Does that work?

Please note that I didn't bother to add back in the newlines and indents so if you want your markup to look pretty you'll have to do that.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Ok...I have yet to read this whole post, but I have a question.  Maybe this will be worked and updated in 1.3 or something. If so, that's great and it's just yet another reason why 1.3 needs to come out big_smile

Currently, it's a real pain in the ass trying to delete messages out of the inbox or sent items. You have to click on the message, hit delete and then hit delete a second time before it's gone. Anyone hacked it up to make check boxes and a delete all checked button or anything similar to that? Is this something that will be changed in 1.3?

I get really confused with the same topics being discussed separately on punbb.org and punres.org... shouldn't we have all the mod discussions in one place?

Anyway I made a quick pm email notifications thing which you can find on punres. It currently doesn't allow users to turn notifications off but I may add this soon. The development was paid for by Noche Magazine so I hope a little plug here is acceptable smile

I followed directions now my site is a blank white page

any suggestions

How would one go about changing the color of the text for the "There are new messages" that show up in the header?

pogenwurst wrote:

Try this instead - change:

to:

$tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t\t".'<li class="pmlink"><strong><a href="message_list.php">'.$lang_pms['New messages'].'</a></strong></li><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">window.open("message_popup.php","NewPM","width=500,height=250,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes");</script>';

Does that work?

Please note that I didn't bother to add back in the newlines and indents so if you want your markup to look pretty you'll have to do that.

After I created the message_popup.php file and told the javascript where to find it, it worked great.
The only problem is that it loads that popup on EVERY page until you have read that new message.  Any ideas on how to make it so that it only does the popup once?

@Kato: I guess the easiest way would be to have Javascript set a cookie.

pogenwurst wrote:

Probably so, but I really want to avoid the popup method.  I'd rather look at changing the color of the message for "New Private Messages" or whatever it says. I have been trying to change it through the css and I try to change the font color just for that specific div, but it just doesn't ever change. I've tried to add the code in to my style.css and even in the main.tpl.  None of them ever change that font color though.  It's really kind of annoying.

Are you sure you're reloading the css? I got the different colour link working fine on www.sgal.org/forum/

tamlyn wrote:

Are you sure you're reloading the css? I got the different colour link working fine on www.sgal.org/forum/

Heh...yeah.  Thanks.  I just got it working.  Helps if you close the last tag smile

Kato wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:

Probably so, but I really want to avoid the popup method.  I'd rather look at changing the color of the message for "New Private Messages" or whatever it says. I have been trying to change it through the css and I try to change the font color just for that specific div, but it just doesn't ever change. I've tried to add the code in to my style.css and even in the main.tpl.  None of them ever change that font color though.  It's really kind of annoying.

Well, the popup was an answer to minis's difficulties anyway.

148 (edited by freddykgb 2006-06-26 23:51)

Does anyone have this graphic bug with IE ?

http://www.teddypokerdeals.com/img/bug_mod.png

A new poker community is rising : see for yourselft at unbluffed.com

149 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-06-27 06:45)

I fixed it a while back...

http://www.marine-hunters.co.uk/img/temp/examplefine.bmp

I had the same problem but fixed it when I modified the look of my PMS. Will try to look for fix.

Do u remember how you fixed it?

A new poker community is rising : see for yourselft at unbluffed.com