Topic: Domain Names Value...

Hi,

I know that in the past people have made a killing by selling domain names for ridiculous fees. $7,000,000 for diamond.com rings a bell lol.

I am now employed as a web designer for a wholesale and retail butchers in Scotland. I managed to buy the following domain names for £2 each per year through www.1and1.co.uk

scotchpork.co.uk | scotch-pork.co.uk | scotch-lamb.co.uk | scotchlamb.co.uk | beefsuppliers.co.uk | beef-suppliers.co.uk | pork-suppliers.co.uk | porksuppliers.co.uk | lamb-suppliers.co.uk | lambsuppliers.co.uk

I personally think that they will help give our company a boost with Google etc. People will be searching for 'beef suppliers' etc so aslong as we have good content it will boost our position. In the long run we could be ranked No. 1 and turn over a lot of profit.

On the other hand though, what kind of value do domain names have themselves. Im not talking millions obviously but could any of these domain names fetch a few grand each if put on afternic or ebay?

I dont know domain values so hope somebody can tell me what todays market is like for sales....

Re: Domain Names Value...

i don't sell nor have sold a domain but feel a domain is worth whatever the buyer is willing to shell out.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

downliner wrote:

I personally think that they will help give our company a boost with Google etc. People will be searching for 'beef suppliers' etc so aslong as we have good content it will boost our position. In the long run we could be ranked No. 1 and turn over a lot of profit.

Er, no it won't. Your beef domains just forward to the yorkes site, so the content has nothing to do with the domain. And you are using flash, so Google can't even see the content.

I don't think the domains are that good anyway... Dundee United arn't going to buy footballteam.co.uk are they?

You can't expect to buy a domain for £2 one day and sell it for $5k the next.

i have an domain name. i want a host free of php. where is fint it?

I'm from Viet Nam. i speak english vey bad! Sorry.

trongha wrote:

Google will give you a lot ... smile

[no signature]

Seems to be a bit crap but - http://leapfish.com/analyze.php

trongha, what are you talking about?

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

quaker wrote:

trongha, what are you talking about?

He wants a free web host that supports PHP. He already has a domain name to point to it.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

yes!

lycos

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

12 (edited by Dave 2006-06-11 07:50)

Connorhd wrote:

Seems to be a bit crap but - http://leapfish.com/analyze.php

Someone posted that on my host's forum the other day. I love it. They seem to think my blog is worth thousands. Pssh, my thoughts alone are worth more than that*....

*Completely full of crap statement. No purchase necessary. Details inside. Void in Utah.