Re: PunBB 1.2.12

Just help Rickard & Paul if you think that the development is not fast enough.
I think that they're already spending a lot of time on it.

Rickard> Thank you for your reactivity to fix vulnerabilities, and a big thank for this nice piece of code.

27 (edited by Stahn 2006-05-24 00:51)

Please don't hurry a release of the next version, the most important thing is to make a fully stable release. Keep on the good work, I love PunBB.

Nevethir wrote:

1.3 needed not 1.2.12 hmm

thats not really fair man

he was able to fix a security hole pretty fast, I'll be willing to wait for 1.3, besides isnt he like the only active developer for PunBB

Thanks for the update Rickard.

!

wfox wrote:

1.3 needed not 1.2.12

Take the time you need. Thanks for the best forum around smile

No problems updating.

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

Update went great. smile I am thankful you provide security updates instead of just hiding from the few that want 1.3 and don't care about a secure board!

33 (edited by Paul 2006-05-30 22:13)

here is punbb 1.3
install at your own risk...lol..

Link Removed

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Quaker: If people want to try 1.3 then they can get it from SVN. If they don't know how then they probably shouldn't be thinking of running development software in the first place. Making a distribution package availabe might confuse some people and lead them to believe it is more stable than it really is particularly if the link originates from this site.

Stahn wrote:

Please don't hurry a release of the next version, the most important thing is to make a fully stable release. Keep on the good work, I love PunBB.

Hear! Hear! My sentiments exactly.

Thanks for the update.

And excuse those who want 1.3 in a hurry - they are just excited smile

that kewl paul.. sorry someone ask for it.. i tried it today and few little bugs that i seen..
i was going to take it off.. u got to it first...lol..

Q

1.2.x is great, thanks for the updates, and don't rush 1.3.x wink

Thanks 1.2.12, but people want 1.3! wink

Oh, excuse me for my English, i'm from Russia...

And people will get 1.3, when it's released wink

Rickard, are we sending out announcements when new versions of PunBB are released?

hcgtv wrote:

Rickard, are we sending out announcements when new versions of PunBB are released?

I sent one but since I don't have anyones email address I don't think they got it. Dang technicalities!

hcgtv: Yes, but I haven't been able to this time around. Turns out my ISP wasn't too fond of me sending out mass e-mail smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I'm using version 1.2.12. it's very good. i do'nt know version 1.3. :-/

I'm from Viet Nam. i speak english vey bad! Sorry.

Thank you so much for the wonderful forum software. 

I had some people get in to my img/avatars directory and upload malicious code somehow.  Was this something addressed by PunBB 1.2.12 ?

And, will you be mailing people on your mailing list with updates, in the future?  I missed 1.2.12 because it wasn't announced via mailing list.

thanks again!

I had some people get in to my img/avatars directory and upload malicious code somehow.  Was this something addressed by PunBB 1.2.12 ?

What kind of malicious code?

And, will you be mailing people on your mailing list with updates, in the future?  I missed 1.2.12 because it wasn't announced via mailing list.

As Rickard said earlier in the topic (look 2 posts up) he wasn't able to this time but he plans to in the future

what i did was to make a default.html file and drop it in all my directorys
so that when they go to that folder it shows my page...hehe..
example.. what the hell you doing here? then it redirect you to the fbi website for hackers.....lol..

I did the updates manually using http://punbb.org/download/hdiff/hdiff-1 … .2.12.html now when I go to "Mark all topics as read" I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/.odzanends/user/adress.com/forum/misc.php on line 123

I've double checked the line replaced in misc.php but don't know why it would cause this error.

You should post that line and  the line before that...

http://www.info-mob.com/forum/ - Croatian forum only, don't bother if you don't speak Croatian :)

gog wrote:

You should post that line and  the line before that...

pun_mail($recipient_email, $mail_subject, $mail_message, '"'.str_replace('"', '', $pun_user['username']).'" <'.$pun_user['email'].'>');

redirect(htmlspecialchars($_POST['redirect_url']), $lang_misc['E-mail sent redirect']);
    }

Rickard when it's released 1.3

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!