1 (edited by af3 2006-06-10 00:20)

Topic: Empty screen after login & redirecting msg.

This is very strange.. been getting users complaints abt not being redirected to the forum after signing in. After login in, they will get the normal redirect msg, then a blank screen appears. No problems if I login as admin tho'.

This is driving me crazy. The only thing that i did was to update from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12 (now back to 1.2.11, still the same probems). Any suggestions?

http://kadus.bambooborneo.com/index.php

2 (edited by af3 2006-06-10 00:30)

Re: Empty screen after login & redirecting msg.

Getting frustated with this punbb thing. I did a fresh install on old database but the problem persists. So it could be the database??

a) I can only get redirected to index.php if logging in as admin; with other users, an empty page appears.
b) Guests have no problems accessing pages tho'.
c) Newly registered users (after the fresh install), have no problems accessing pages.

????????

My config.php

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'bamboo_kadus';
$db_username = 'XXXXX';
$db_password = 'XXXXX';
$db_prefix = 'kadus_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookies';
$cookie_domain = '.bambooborneo.com';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'c0a9fb60';

define('PUN', 1);

The site appears to be down now, so I can't see if I can notice an issue

Try re-uploading all the scripts. Perhaps there's a corrupt file somewhere.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard, did that ... and the problems persist.

a) I can only get redirected to index.php if logging in as admin; with other users, once logged in, an empty page appears during redirect to index.php
b) Guests have no problems accessing pages i.e. index.php etc
c) Newly registered users (after the fresh install), have no problems accessing pages, index.php etc.

Could you give us the login to an account that has the issue?

7 (edited by af3 2006-06-16 18:12)

Smartys:
Once you login as gilu, empty page appears. So the only way for me to logout is, to manually type http://kadus.bambooborneo.com/userlists.php so that the menu to logout appears. If you login as punbb, all ok.

Also, if you login as admin, all ok. Do you need an admin login?

I hope this is only due to my pc screwed up.. but the other members are facing similar problems.
Thanks

OK, I found the issue
The Malaysian language pack (which I assume you made) has an issue in the language file for the index. If you can't see where the error is, paste it here and I'll find it

9 (edited by af3 2006-06-16 18:11)

This is what I like about punbb, not only the script itself but the people behind it and those like you Smartys... ever helpful.
And yes, the index.php for the malaysia pack which was accidentally deleted was causing all this!

Can't thank you guys enough.. but thanks.

we need a rule, put [RESOLVED] in the topic title if it's been resolved. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more