Topic: News Generator - Feature ?

Ok, I´m using the news generator for my index.php file at a website I´m doing, can I add this to other pages with different content ? If yes, how?

Thanks

Re: News Generator - Feature ?

just use extern.php instead. look in the forum root for it and read how to use it in the file itself.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

But the extern file can only show the titles, I need titles and text.

The News Generator works great, but it would be cool to able to show different content from the forum to the website on different pages. This way, I can use Punbb as a CMS.

Any ideas on how to this? I did try to rename the plugin different names for different sections of the website, but the forum only see the plugin when it has the original name.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3868

try this.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Still the same problem as extern.php

What I need is exactly like the New Generator, just one for each section of my site.

Page 1 = News Generator 1
Page 2 = News Generator 2
Page 3 = News Generator 3
Page 4 = News Generator 4

I wouldn´t mind having to click on 4 different News Generators for my 4 pages.

So my question is - is it possible to use multiple News Generators to create 4 independant news for use in 4 non-forum pages? If yes, how?

rename the plugin files to have 4 different copies of the news generetor, then config each to suit your needs, i think that should work
bye

Yeah, that would be the obvious choice, but unfortunately it doesn´t work when I rename the file.

wii wrote:

Yeah, that would be the obvious choice, but unfortunately it doesn´t work when I rename the file.

Did you remember to edit this code so that each copy of the plugin has its own directory for storing the generated news?

/ Path to news item template
$template_path = PUN_ROOT.'plugins/AP_News_Generator/news.tpl';

// Directories in which plugin will save generated markup (must end with slash)
$output_dir_latest = PUN_ROOT.'plugins/AP_News_Generator/';
$output_dir_archive = PUN_ROOT.'plugins/AP_News_Generator/archive/';
Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I will check that - thanks.

Ok, I renamed it to

AP_News_Generator1
AP_News_Generator2

But getting this error - please note that the directory is 777 full access.

Error: Unable to write news to ./plugins/AP_News_Generator2/main.html. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory ./plugins/AP_News_Generator2/.

Got it - it was a permission issue in the file itself.