1 (edited by Rador8 2006-06-20 10:50)

Topic: Delete a user really totally !

Hello,

On my forum, sometimes I would like to delete a user : e.g. the last user with "id=6".
When another person wants to register, it is not possible to take this "id=6" but it is "id=7".

How should I do to totally delete the traces of this deleted user so that it is again possible to register with "id=6" ?
I suppose I have to take a look in my database, but how ?

Thanks wink

Re: Delete a user really totally !

You would have to change the auto_increment value
But why would you want that?

Also, keep in mind that it would cause issues if you deleted User 5 and you have 10 users

Hello, thanks for this quick answer wink

I would like to delete only the last user (for my forum I don't want to let people register for the moment but I forgot to close it...).
Is it difficult to change the auto_increment value with Phpmyadmin ?

alter table prefixusers set auto_increment=number

Replace prefix with the db_prefix and number with the number

5 (edited by Rador8 2006-06-20 11:58)

Hello,

In table "foo_users", I worked on field "id" : I deleted the row of the last user then modify the "auto_increment".
It seems to be ok, I tried to register a member / delete the member / modify auto_increment / register again and it is the same id smile

Do you think I can find traces of these operations (member deleted, new member...) on other places of my data base ?

err, I'm not sure what you mean tongue
Assuming you delete the posts/topics made by the user, you should be fine: there's no other auto_increment columns you need to change in any case

7 (edited by Rador8 2011-02-27 16:02)

Yeah it's sometimes difficult for me in english smile

This user had no post/topic, I deleted only this user with the method I told you in my previous post.

I'm asking 2 things :

1. Is there a place on my data base where I can still find this member (ip with he register, real name, signature...) or is he totally deleted ?

2. Can I fin a history of the operations I made in PunBB : create a member, delete the member... ?

A big thanks for the answers. It is nor really essential for my forum to do that but it helps me a lot to understand how is running my PunBB forum smile

1. He is deleted
2. I'm not sure what you mean, sorry

9 (edited by Rador8 2011-02-27 16:03)

With Dotclear, I can see what I did, that's called "logs" I think.

Can I find the same in the data base/table I use for PunBB ?

e.g. today a new member registered on 13:20 - on 13:25 I deleted this member - on 13:30 I created a new category...

Maybe in foo_online I can still see something about this user ?

No, there's no logging on administrator actions
And deleting removes any online entries

12 (edited by Rador8 2006-06-20 12:57)

ok Thanks Smartys wink

That's now a final answer on my questions.

It will help me a lot because I am working on a new forum where the employees of a company will receive the same id on the forum as their employee number. Now I know how to do that smile