Topic: just got it in my blog

http://www.sanity-free.org

havent got it completely tweaked yet, but it was pretty painless.

Re: just got it in my blog

nice but no credit? sad

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

3 (edited by gog 2006-06-29 09:28)

Lame...

And yet you have the nerve to come here and promote your site, WTF?!?!

http://www.info-mob.com/forum/ - Croatian forum only, don't bother if you don't speak Croatian :)

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

nice but no credit? sad

Nothing wrong with that. But I get the impression that you have written the forum, which is wrong smile

Wow.  That's pretty crazy.

6 (edited by MadHatter 2006-06-29 14:17)

wow. a lot of friendly folks around here...

like I said...

MadHatter wrote:

http://www.sanity-free.org

havent got it completely tweaked yet, but it was pretty painless.

guess folks can click but not read. the pre-canned <pun_footer> is way too long for me.  I don't get the impression that I wrote the forum.  anyone who has written a line of code would know that writing your own is crazy.  anyone who's seen punbb knows its style, which i've kept.  and the bottom line is, its a presonal blog.  were I selling something, promoting something, or in otherwise gaining anything from its use, I'd def. agree. I plan on putting credit, just one of those things I havent done because I dont plan on using the huge pre-written footer.

sorry for pissing so many ppl off with my need to sleep last night.

I like it. Maybe you've changed it since the previous posts but its clear to me the bottom copyright is the site copyright. I think if you wanted to minimize PunBB's footer then simply "Powered by PunBB" or "Forum by PunBB" on one line would be fine.

MadHatter: Don't let 'em get to you. I have no problem with people removing the footer. When people claim they wrote PunBB, that's when I get grumpy.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

MadHatter: Welcome to the tea party wink

One suggestion, on the hyperlink tooltips, there is one that I've used that you can induce a wait time. This way your visitors aren't getting instant popups when they run their mice around your site.

yea I added the copyright at the bottom before I posted this morning.

i've used phpnuke and phpbb for years and have avoided the "google hackers" by changing the powered by taglines on my sites.  as a software engineer myself I can appreciate credit where credit's due (I only require it in source code or html comments) and I wasnt intentionally trying to misrepresent.

Rickard, I do have to say that I typically dont enjoy working with other people's code.  punbb is an intuitive codebase to work with.  nicely done!

Jansson wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

nice but no credit? sad

But I get the impression that you have written the forum, which is wrong smile

eh?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

mathatter, love the site.. i really like the bf2rank...
question?
can that be added to the user profile where they can input there pid and it pulls there icon and when i view a person profile.. it shows up?
that would be a nifty mod for the use profile.. since some gaming clans use punbb ??

Q
http://nalan.org

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

I'm about 3/4 of the way through a total stats library for bf2. 

a punbb mod like that sounds like a great idea.  it would be really easy to do w/ that library (even in its current unfinished state).

I'll post something on my site (and here too) when I get it done.

14 (edited by MadHatter 2006-07-01 06:40)

I added the bf2 rank stuff to the user profile on my site (click my name in one of the forum posts to see it).  I'm going to add the rank image to my viewtopic level pages like an extra avatar built in (with probably an option to display it in threads like the signature).

off to sleep.  I'll post the mod for it later.

nice and cleanly integrated, good work smile

I finally got it "really" integrated w/ bblog... until now I had just copied the generated layout and copied that into the main.tpl and went with that.  now I'm acutally generating the template from bblog (the left hand navigation is generated in bblog) to punbb.

only thing left is to do the url rewrite, and possibly move the navigation to the left hand side (we'll see).

One of the nicest integrations of PunBB within a site that I have seen. Props.