Re: 1.3 coming...

Take your time ...

PunBB 1.2.10 is such an excellent, fast, stable and secure product that I am content to wait for 1.3, and even to wait for 1.3.1 smile

MathsIsFun wrote:

Take your time ...

PunBB 1.2.10 is such an excellent, fast, stable and secure product that I am content to wait for 1.3, and even to wait for 1.3.1 smile

who says there is going to be a 1.3.1?

It's only natural, hahahha.

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

true, there could be bugs in it that rickard misses if hes tired and working on it tongue

Hows it coming along?

Connorhd wrote:

Its obviously not going to be out before the new year. Try before easter.

Are we still aiming for before easter? I just setup a forum at mypunbb yesterday and today I'm getting the 500 internal server error. Is this the error that is supposed to be corrected when the upgrade to 1.3 happens? Or is this completely unrelated?

Totally unrelated.

I'm hoping for a big easter surprise, that would totally beat any big old candy egg. smile

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

Ok, another stupid question.

Can we still hope for an easter release or will it take more time to finish it?

any sign of 1.3 yet?

86 (edited by Strofanto 2006-05-09 21:36)

Check the timeline, Paul is working hard on it. Keep your fingers crossed. smile

God I hate to be such a total pest, and I probably know the answer already, but is there any work being done outside the SVN? The timeline shows nothing for a while... or is it just the infamous society-paralyzing swedish vacation which has set in?

Kind and not very nagging regards,
Limber

Limber wrote:

God I hate to be such a total pest, and I probably know the answer already, but is there any work being done outside the SVN?

Yes.

I bet Rickard has been working hard on the extension system wink As long as it doesn't work, it's only normal that he doesn't upload it tongue

Limber wrote:

... or is it just the infamous society-paralyzing swedish vacation which has set in?

No, its the anally retentive, pixel perfect xhtml guy turning into a quivering mass of indecision.

Good to hear, not about the quivering mass but about the pixel perfect stuff. smile

I had an anal joke somewhere in my head, but I lost it.

when 1.3 its released it woll it not be 500 - Internal Server Error on mypunbb i have rigt conorold rigt

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

The PunBB version has nothing to do with that error on MyPunBB -.- You should be happy Connorhd does such a thing for free. If you need your forum that bad, host it yourself =/

elbekko wrote:

The PunBB version has nothing to do with that error on MyPunBB -.- You should be happy Connorhd does such a thing for free. If you need your forum that bad, host it yourself =/

i now,conorold is a god guy

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

Connorhd

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Uhm, sorry for the newb question, but due to the introduction of this new extensions feature (no more messing with .php files), does this mean that any modifications I'm currently doing to my 1.2.13 install will not be useable in 1.3? gah. smile

YtseJam wrote:

Uhm, sorry for the newb question, but due to the introduction of this new extensions feature (no more messing with .php files), does this mean that any modifications I'm currently doing to my 1.2.13 install will not be useable in 1.3?

The extensions systems allows you add mods without modifying PHP files, still can do modifications to those files. You might be able to import minor modifications to 1.3 from 1.2.x but I heartly recommend you go for a fresh 1.3 installation and replace your mods with time.

As with any major version change (ie: 1.1 to 1.2 and 1.2 to 1.3) enough code will have been rewritten so that the suggested method of upgrading is a clean install, adding mods later on. Most mods will need to be upgraded.

Hey there,

It's been a while. smile This probably sounds very noobish but I want to join in on testing the PunBB. Therefor I got myself a SNV copy (09-01-'07) and uploaded it to my website (http://www.berkenpies.nl/punbb_dev).

I didn't pop up on search, but some 1.3 development sub-forums (main branch / extensions) on forums.punbb.org would be nice to discuss any pre-release stuff. There are probably reasons for you guys not to do it. But from my point of view, anyone who can download a SVN branch is smart enough to make a sensible post in one of those forums. smile

- Kaboon

Not ready yet, the dev team is still working on trac. When it's done, we will be able to open tickets on stuff (or hassle a moderator to do it, or something like that).