Topic: Giving up on PunBB,. sorry! Going back to Invision.

My members cannot log in,. each time I ask for support some newb asks me something really stupid. and it does not work.

My members are logging in, and the system kicks them out, I have tried about 10 differnht combinations and I am outa patience.

2 (edited by MadHatter 2006-07-06 16:23)

Re: Giving up on PunBB,. sorry! Going back to Invision.

I can get in.

it wouldnt let me login until I allowed the site to run java script (i use noscript).  make sure users have javascript enabled...  when you submit the login, it checks to see if the login stuff was entered correctly, if it wasnt it should redirect you like it is...

The problem is most likely on your side, and not PunBB's fault. If Invision works fine for you, have fun with it.

santino wrote:

each time I ask for support some newb asks me something really stupid. and it does not work.

really? where?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr. J, I'm a newby... Can I ask a stupid question? What is a forum community support for then , if someone trys to offer there help.. but might not know the exact answer...? Punbb Support community is by far the fastest responce for helping each others. Not many other community offer this on the web.. Normal questions(stupid ones) are answered with a few mins to a few hrs. Never have I had to wait any longer. Honestly, if you dont want to broadcast your cry for help to everyone.

santino wrote:
each time I ask for support some newb asks me something really stupid. and it does not work.

Then direct it to the person's email link below the user name....

evil giggles....
Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

6 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-07-07 23:02)

what i was referring to was i looked at all his posts and didn't find a support question that wasn't answered or could have been answerdd by an very quick and easy search. if i'm wrong i sincerely appologise for him/her not getting his question answered.

quaker wrote:

Punbb Support community is by far the fastest responce for helping each others. Not many other community offer this on the web..
Q

this is what keeps me coming back everyday, multiple times a day. i personaly have learned so much from this community that i feel obligated and honored to return the help. and have sent Rickard a few bucks to show my appreciation. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

this is what keeps me coming back everyday, multiple times a day. i personaly have learned so much from this community that i feel obligated and honored to return the help. and have sent Rickard a few bucks to show my appreciation.

i agree 100% it makes me mad that people dont understand the help that this community offers.. atleast we stupid people try to help...lol..

i do need to give rickard some bucks my self....

evil giggles....
Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

8 (edited by futurama234 2006-07-08 13:58)

santino wrote:

My members cannot log in,. each time I ask for support some newb asks me something really stupid. and it does not work.

My members are logging in, and the system kicks them out, I have tried about 10 differnht combinations and I am outa patience.

Punbb is the best, check out this site based on punbb.

Your problem is a  common cookie domain problem, you set it up wrong, punbb is a script, it doesn't dicsriminate poeple toward others.
And it is fully open source, ipb is commercial, choose your world sir.