Topic: Delete info and add in the profile?

I have problems with editing the information in the profiles for the users.
I already have users in the userlist - is that why I have problems?

I would like to change the information about the users. For example I would like to have "Skype" instead of "Jabber" and delete a whole lot of subjects. I only would like to have name, email, phone, website, avatar and two "free writing" subjects.
There is no problem if I have to delete the users because thay are so few at the moment.

I have read the "http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8972" but it doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

Re: Delete info and add in the profile?

Moved to modifications.

The first and easiest thing to try is simply changing the names of various fields in the lang files. For example, you could just change the label of the Jabber field to Skype in lang/English/profile.php.

Deleting fields might be a bit trickier though.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I have tried that but there are so many fields that I don't need.... Is it possible to hide fields for the user instead of deleting them?

LINDA wrote:

I have tried that but there are so many fields that I don't need.... Is it possible to hide fields for the user instead of deleting them?

Aside from the option in PunBB Administration > Options to turn user info off (Show information about the poster under the username in topic view. The information affected is location, register date, post count and the contact links (e-mail and URL).

I would suggest just commenting out the fields you dont want displayed in the PHP file(s) used in the topic reading view?

Viewtopic.php (starting from about line 221) and profile.php are perhaps the files you might want to look into.

Once commented out in the PHP, those variables may still be processed and stored by PunBB, but the results wont be displayed to the user.

Oh, of course remember to backup any PHP files you modify before you make any changes to them.